Amusing flatmate stories

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by nzric, Mar 14, 2006.

1. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

I'm looking for a flatmate at the moment but so far the only responses have been from, well, weirdos.

Got me thinking about a thread topic. What's the funniest/strangest/weirdest flatmate story you have?

I'll start... I've had a swedish bodybuilder renting over xmas (I've never seen a human being eat so much pasta) who spent his whole 2wks in Australia at Golds Gym and on the beach in speedos... a flat where some skater girls held the lease - their mates used to bring the tattoo machine around on boring nights and at the end they trashed the place without me knowing, leaving me to scram before the cops arrived... there was also the two cute dutch girls (I married one off to my brother)... then there was the pub room in London (frost on the inside of the windows, joy) and next door a guy rented a room & kept his girlfriend there while he spent alternate nights with his wife & kids...

BTW, this is NOT a flatmate wanted ad. If you reply asking for a room I'll tell you it's taken :D

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I used to live in a house with 4 blokes when I was 18.

One was gay, one was a born again christian, one was a roid popping bodybuilder and the other was just indifferent to everything going on around him.

Interesting time in my life was that... lol

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

You think sharing a flat with weirdos is bad - try touring in a band with three of them (all female). Just you, them, three amps, seven guitars, two basses, a cello and a drumkit in a van that looked WAY bigger when you rented it. If you survive that, you can live with anyone (says he who lives alone ;))

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

It's usually the people I live with that have all the amusing flatmate stories :D

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Hmmm....

Well let's see. All from law school...

My first year I lived with my brother and his then-fiancee. She seemed to have a problem with the fact that he called off their engagement after she cheated on him twice. Watching the engagement ring fly around the room as they argued over who should pay for it was highly amusing (he won, she paid since she cheated). Of course, this was all karmic as they took bets on how long it would take for me to drop out... to this day, each person who partook in that betting pool has been unable to find a job (and for some it's been 10 years!).

The second year I lived with my brother's ex-fiancee (she didn't want to move as she'd only be there for half a year) and a new third roomie. Not only did she steal my college ring for drug $$$, but she slept with roomie number three several times (including after the funeral of Princess Di). I am so glad I had the third floor room all to myself... UGH. I was especially not fond of his dog, who regularly ran away and left me to go find him.

My third year roomies were my friend Chandra and a first year student. The first year was, ah, high strung, to say the least. I'm glad I was preparing for the bar exam and running around the East Coast doing interviews, so I didn't have to spend a lot of time there.

Of course, then there were the two college roomies which stick out in my mind. Eric and Andy. Why is it that people feel it's even remotely appropriate to have sex with your girlfriend/random hookup when your roommate is not more than three and a half feet away in the next bed? Can someone please explain that one to me? And why is it that they got upset when I couldn't sleep and left the room? D'UH!

6. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Lets see, I lived with a gay couple for a while. They were a lot of fun (at least one of them was) but both incredibly anal about tidiness. The parties were always good.

A cheap apartment in Ashfield with two FOBs. One a chick from Indonesia who barely spoke english, quite a looker too. The other a bloke from rural India, nice guy but he uesd to watch bollywood movies at top volume at 2 in the morning. His mates used to come around and crack onto the Indochick, some were quite sleezy so me and my sidekick had to warn them off when she got uncomfortable. It wasn't till we were moving out that we found that the chick had an ensuite bathroom!? All that time we were trying to keep the bathroom clean enough for her when we could have just let it be. Indochick's rabbit (yes, in 3rd floor apartment) also chewed through my computer cables :\

Other than that I usually shared with mates or family so things have been fairly... normal. Sharing with a mate we moved into his recently deceased grandfathers place, nice house, no rent. I was there till his sisters came down from the Nth coast and made it a little too crowded. At one stage we had one of his sisters, two of her friends and her boyfriend, and one of my mates all camping around the house. Fun... for a short time.

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I recently shared with a Czech guy for 4 months...I never met him, I never saw him, I occasionally heard him shuffling around but thats it

8. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

i used to flat with a fairly odd assortment. 6 people in one flat- me, my sister, her fiance, an indian girl, an indian guy, and another white guy.

was actually pretty good except for a couple of things. a couple of times i went into the front room to find the indian guy (he was in the army) sitting there in his army hat playing with a gun. yeah. the white guy, now he was weird. hugely fat, he had pizza literally EVERY night (no i am not kidding) and started to have some kind of problem with my sisters choice of voting party shortly before we left. would go from normal to jackass in a few seconds. these are NOTHING compared to the stories ive heard about my sisters old flatmates though.