Amazing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Shantari, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

http://media.putfile.com/SteveVai-GuitarInstrumentalSolounknownti

Watch the entire video.

Steve Vai is an amazing guitarist, and i was just wondering if you guys know the name to that song...

edit: I just realized that the damned site didn't let me upload the entire video, so if anyone wants the entire thing, msg me on msn

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  2. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

cmon, i must know!!

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I'm not sure on the song to be honest, I'm not mad into him but I've got a couple of his albums. He is truly a legendary guitarist but I think he sometimes let's the artistic side slide a bit in favour of sheer technique and guitar prowess. Apparently he once held himself to a 12 hour a day practice schedule!

4. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I agree! Just because a song is amazingly technical and difficult to play doesn't mean it sounds better. I like some of his stuff but some I'd prefer music you'd teach a beginner in a few weeks...

5. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

The sheer numbers of hours he's spent practising means he has no excuse for coming out with most of the stuff he does. It's boring, cliched, and annoying.

His whole style reeks of the 60s, and him trying to measure up to Satriani, which he never will.

He has done a few things worth listening to though.

6. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

still didnt answer my question, whats the NAME!!!

7. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

Sorry man, I've no idea.

I might be able to persuade my flatmate to tab it for you if that's all you want from the song name though. He's stupidly good at working out tabs from music, which isn't too surprising when you consider his favourite band - Enslaved.

8. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

sure, i'd love to get a hold of the tab!!! :)