Amateur Martial Arts site...good idea..bad idea

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Cannonballken, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

I was thinking about making an amateur martial artist, fighter forum. Wanted some input on how good of an idea it would be.

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

What's wrong with MAP?

3. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

It's ok having an amateur martial arts forum but the reason most of the amateur martial artists come onto forums is to pick the brain's of the more experienced practitioner, a forum like MAP for instance attracts loads of people at every different level under the sun so you can pretty much guarantee you're going to get an answer to whatever question you ask.
    Even the really really wierd questions (though people may laugh behind your back).

I guess it depends upon what you want your forum to be geared towards.

But yeah What is wrong with MAP?. ;)

4. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

Maybe people feel that their are too many threads/people on MAP?

I personally think that you should go ahead with the forum and tell me when it's made so I can join ;)

5. seyah

seyah Valued Member

I've had loads of invites to join new forums from students on MAP and to be honest none of them go the distance because they don't have a full established knowldge base as MAP does. I'd say go for it but don't be supprised if it dosn't take off.

6. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Personally, I wouldn't bother unless you really have a great idea. In terms of amateur fighting, sherdog forums should cover most people's needs.
    IMO- Bullshido, MAP and Sherdog basically cover almost all the bases of martial arts online.

7. evilkingston

evilkingston 필요악

I'm with Andy on this one...

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Just remember the rules about advertising other forums on MAP ;)

9. Song1

Song1 New Member

well theres no harm in making a forum. It could work out nicely.

10. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

Well...

Im going to go though with it , hopefully it wil be done soon. I figure whatevers whatevers ,at least I can say I tried......
    About people thinking this is a threat to map,I love this site, been here forever....dont now what more to say.
    In reply to what you said about amateur fighters coming to forums, sadly yes they come to forums for that reason...even though they shouldnt ,, unless the people they ask have credintials* ......gotta go..

11. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

For Now

One of my best friends has a proboards.com forum, and said for now anyone that might be interested can drop by and check out what the site might be like. ( I sorta added some boards,articlesetc..)
    I know this is martial arts planet but dont bring any bs....check it out...Only bad thing is the cartoon back ground but hey...^_^
    http://katanateam.proboards56.com/

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I thought we were all amateur MAtists.

13. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

Nah

I mean amateur fighters then , you know people who try and put there theorys and practices in harms way. ^_^ boxers kickboxers, even bjj dudes..anyone who wants to be a champ some day...but is still young enough to do so. My friend Andy is a busy guy , hes 24 and he still wants and trains to go pro.