All Strike human head 'Pad'

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Travess, Nov 4, 2014.

1. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

I'm not overly impressed by their website. They seem to want to get retailers to stock the product but don't list partners. As a result there's no visible way of buying via the website or seeing cost. A look on google shows a similar paucity of information. How can I make an assessment on the viability of kit if I can't see how expensive it is against the kit I currently use for the same purpose?

2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Bytomic is one of their suppliers (the only one I know of in fact...) and they run them out at £81 each, inclusive of VAT, which I personally think is very steep - They are gonna need to be pretty spectacular, to warrant that price tag!!!

Regards,

Travess

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I like Bytomic gear, but I'll be giving this a miss.

I am concerned about the effect of taking shots from all angles on the holders wrist.

I also think it takes something away from being a good pad man.

Without the pad man the boxer / kicker just stand in place. It's the pad man's job to work the hitter and for me this takes away from that pairing.

A gimmick at best.

We've produced Benny Urquidez, Chuck Norris, Joe Lewis and the like without this, so will we produce better with it?

I don't believe so.

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Cheaper than a pair of Fairtex focus mitts though.

5. Ben Gash CLF

Again going back to the Ghost guys because they're people who visibly use them, the fact that you only need the one allows them to wear a boxing glove and simultaneously be feeder and padman, so they create new types of drill.

6. Simon

I haven't seen the videos, but how alive are the drills?

I have a pair of coaching mitts, a combination of boxing glove and mitt, so can be the feeder and padman.

7. Ben Gash CLF

Their drills are pretty dynamic. I think the other reason they like it is because of their emphasis on angles.

8. Ben Gash CLF

Sorry but
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGAtLGDU7M"]That Mitchell and Webb Look (Bronze Age) - YouTube[/ame]

9. Quest Training

Quest Training New Member

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the feedback! We truly value your input and take it into consideration when filling out our line of products soon to come. If you have any questions feel free to ask and we will respond below. Also, if you want to email us just to say hello to do not hesitate. :) link removed
    We would even love to have an AllStrike giveaway on this thread if the mods would allow. ;-)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  10. Simon

Thank you for the reply and that's a really kind offer which I will raise with the MOD Team.

I am afraid though that we don't allow links back to personal sites.

11. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

This was also a concern of mine, one, which after a live test of the equipment this morning, proved to be an unwarranted one. (Note: It may still be an issue for younger teens/adults with smaller hands/wrists)

Grip design: The whole in the back of the 'Head' is sufficient enough in size to get your fist in, but not too big that there is a lot of wiggle/movement on impact. In addition, the angle of the internal grip naturally places the wrist in a strong position, which ended up feeling no different than when wearing a standard set of hand pads.

Impact: After being on the receiving end of multiple strikes from my Instructor, (who hits like a bloody sledge hammer) I found that all of the impact pressure centered around my Shoulder/Triceps area, and that my wrists relatively unaffected.

I'd definitely give them a solid 7/10

Kind Regards

Travess

12. Janno

Janno Valued Member

Looks like quite an innovative idea. Omni-directional targets have always been a bit of an issue when it comes to strike training - a lot of the solutions out there simply don't hold up to heavy use as well. This seems like a viable solution. That said, i see two major disadvantages:-

1: The price. At £80+ they are twice the price of even premium brand focus mitts and thai pads. Thai pads also have the added flexibility of being able to take heavy body shots (with focus mitts limited to lighter body shots).

2: Lack of pad-holder development. Good pad-holding will actually help improve your hand speed, as it keeps you in an active state. Both puncher and receiver are effectively going through their combinations and moving around each other. The receiver can even take pot-shots at the puncher if his guard drops or he becomes complacent.

I'd be more than happy to try one of these things out for a few months and see if i can develop some useful drills that exploit their advantages to the full (i'm always up for putting useful new products through their paces). HOWEVER, the price would need to drop to around the £50 before i take a punt on one! :) Until then, it's mitts, thai pads, and kickshields for me...

13. Ben Gash CLF

Like I said earlier, you can easily pay £100 for Fairtex or Twins pads. Indeed I just looked and you can pay up to £170 for Fairtex Thai pads :eek:

14. John Titchen

Really? Even with instructor discount? I get my firepower ones for under £40 and they're great quality.I think the fairtex are probably overpriced (and I would imagine the price drops with the trade discount).

15. Ben Gash CLF

No, that's retail. One of the reason so many of us use Blitz is because of their very good instructor discount. I use the Bad Breed Thai pads and they are nice but they aren't as well made as Fairtex.

16. John Titchen

I tried some Badbreed but returned them as they weren't as well made as the (cheaper) firepower ones. I particularly look for tight strong stitching and rounded edges because I use the pads as heads in a lot of my striking drills.