Alex Kozma Seminars

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by middleway, Jan 9, 2006.

1. middleway

middleway Valued Member

Hi All,

didnt know where to post this ... hope its ok.

Alex Has confirmed that he will be available for a couple of seminars in Late January. Seminars will be held in gloucestershire and the Location is to be confirmed.

28th January - Cheng Ba Gua single palm change form and application

In this workshop Alex Kozma with cover the basics of Ba Gua’s Single Palm change for both health and fighting. The Aim is for people to come away from this seminar with a real understanding of the deep spiral force of ba gua.

Includes:
    Use of Ba Gua’s kou bu and bai bu stepping.
    Walking the circle
    Spiral Force
    Single palm change form
    Application of single palm change concepts

4 hours = £45.00 per person

Sunday 29th January - Old Yang Tai Chi Chuan for Fighting.

Here Alex teaches the essence of Tai Chi’s Primary fighting idea’s. This material is rarely seen here in the west and will be of distinct advantage to both internal martial artists and martial artists in general

Includes:
    4 primary energies for fighting
    Stepping and footwork
    Realistic application and concepts
    Tai chi Chuan Vrs Knife.

4 hours = £45.00 per person

Please get in touch quick if you would like to attend these seminars. Payment on the day.

email me if you would like to register. chris.davis@ma-design.biz

Kindest Regards
    Chris

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Looks like I'll be spending the weekend in Gloucester

Happy days :)

3. middleway

middleway Valued Member

cheers Geo,

see you there!

the price is actually £40.00 squid a day not 45 ... i made a mistake.

Hope more members can make it ... Alex has excellent skill ... some guys here have trained with him. Maybe they can comment.

Cheers
    Chris

4. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

won't be able to make it this month, just wanted to say to anyone thinking of going:
    "well worth it - go for it!" :D :D :D
    :Angel:

5. middleway

middleway Valued Member

Hey Everyone,

Seminar starts at 11am and finishes at 3.00 - 3.30pm (end time may be slightly later - dependant on content).

for the people attending the seminars this weekend. Location is now confirmed as:

Churchdown Community Centre
    Parton Rd,
    Churchdown,
    Gloucester,
    Gloucestershire GL3 2JH

Here is the location in relation to the nearest motorway junction.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....eepicon=true&zm=0&scale=25000&out.x=8&out.y=9

Look forward to seeing you there! Should be a great time!

Happy training,

Chris

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hi Chris,

I am surprised that it isn't sold out already. I would like to come more than anything but it is too far for me as I have to rely on public transport.

It also looks like I will miss out on the S E meet being discussed as Sundays are not possible. Not my time I guess.

I read one of your posts where you said the response was low, so I thought I would let you know - I would if I could!!! Two people I train with have been before and I have learnt so much from them by proxy.

Take care, Angela.

7. middleway

middleway Valued Member

Hi Angela,

Thanks for you kind post.

It is suprising to me also that more people dont attend Alex's workshops ... I sought him out .... All that do find something fairly unique in the UK. There are only a handful of westeners (and people in china!) that have real skill in the IMA's ... Alex is up there ... Although he would never say that.

Maybe he needs to use a chinese name .... Or have lived at Shaolin from a baby .... ha ha ha.

Attendance is still low ... but thats fine. The people there will have more 'hands on' time with alex ... often a painful but fruitful time.

Cheers
    Chris

8. KRONOS

KRONOS Valued Member

If he did a tour across the US I'd attend, plus you'd probably find people on EF to put him up the whole time.

Come to think of it there isn't really any other westerners I'd pay money to see.

9. middleway

middleway Valued Member

Hi Kronos,

I am 'kinda' in talks with some of the empty flower crowd ... so fingers crossed .... :D

i will be going to the US in April this year, just for a holiday but may be meeting up with a few guys for some friendly training. If your anywhere in Cali drop me a PM.

Cheers
    Chris

10. Tseek Choi

Tseek Choi Banned Banned

Low attendance .........................

Hi Chris,

It's true! I don't understand these things either.

Alex has a pretty good rep, and is well known for his books etc.....

You'd think more people that are interested in Bagua would jump at the chance.

I know from working with my Xing Yi Sifu that many westerners like the "idea" of authentic traditional training, but the "reality" of actually putting in the hard work to achieve results puts most people off.

It's easier for most, to go learn from someone that makes it easy, or only teaches the shape of the form not the real depth of the arts.

THats why there are lots of "bad" xing yi teachers in this country, and only 1 or 2 decent ones.
    Same with Bagua!

We (westerners) generally don't appreciate the quality of the handful of skilled Internal Martial Artists we have available to us.

My Sifu says that most westerners are not ready for the "real" training.
    He will generally only take serious students if they have many years in another art already.

cheers
    Colin.........................

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  11. Force of Will

Force of Will New Member

Chris,

Don't be disheartened if attendance is low - for now.

It is not a question of Alex's reputation/skill - what he has done and achieved in past 20+years through his travels, writing, martial arts ARE a reflection of his commitment and he doesn't need to be born in a Shaolin temple to express this.

What you may find is possibly a combination of the following, again, not as a sweeping statement, but just a point of view: a lot of interested folks may have other life responsibilities preventing them from attending ie. economic factors, taking their kids on holiday, the incovenience of public transport, studies, illness, parents, divorce, life and death.

Not the whole of the UK populus is a single male in his 20-40's with a disposable income.

In addition, winter is always dampener to motivational spirit. You may find that in Spring interest is always piqued.

:)

12. middleway

middleway Valued Member

thanks guys,

I am not disheartened. Have known alex for a while now and it has always been the case ;).

Even when Serge Augier (5th Generation Ziranmen) did a seminar in the UK basically only his UK students turned up ... maybe 4 or 5 people ... I myself couldnt attend due to family commitments ... so i fully understand why some people cant make these things.

Its gonna be a great weekend i am sure.

Happy training guys!!!

thanks again.

Regards
    Chris

13. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

yeah totally agree Chris. I recently found out that Col Ryakbo and Vasiliev(?) are coming to London very shortly after this w/e.

That would have been a great opportunity, but we have to juggle things don't we

Since reading about Serge and Ziranmen in AK's book. What can I say, I'd probably bite your arm off :D

Ziranmen holds a strong appeal for me, but where is that dreaded time going to down the plughole..aaahhh!

plus I think one of the things you've made me realise is that if you train any IMA as it should be...crossovers are there & easier to make, but not easy. The limits are only really our own aren't they? well, up to a point. I mean I certainly have my limits.. :eek:

looking forward to meeting up and training with you again sooon (its been too long :p )

I think this weekend will set me up for some time to come.. really looking forward to it, but everyone knows that already! Ha, ha

cheers

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  14. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

It was an interesting weekend, a lot of the Bagua stuff went over my head,

but i found the Tai Chi stuff yesterday easier to understand,

i never realised what a vicous and deadly art Tai Chi can be.

15. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

hey mate, which dude were you ? :)

What an awesome weekend, there was a few of us that did both days..

the bagua was pretty new to me, what a mind blower ! :D

What can I say, no doubt if I say too much I'll be drooling over my keyboard in no time.

first rate. teacher, gentleman, friend.
    Awesome martial artist.

I am very happily looking to the year ahead, Alex is going to be around, and not too far from me (stoked! :) )

I think everyone got a great deal from this learning experience, i know I did.
    More than words can say.

yea the taijiquan was/is .. ;) (lost for words here..)

and of course a big thank you to Chris, for many things. See you next time mate.

regards geo (blue top and black trousers yesterday)

16. middleway

middleway Valued Member

Cheers Geo and Sankaku-jime,

glad you both enjoyed the time. Really good weekend ... quite painful for me :D ... but really good fun all round. Personally really nice to work on ba gua again ... its been a while.

I will put some clips up from the weekend as soon as pos.

Thanks
    Chris

17. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

GEO i was the guy with

"God gave us LINUX to run we servers" T shirt on yesterday

18. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

just not the one wher Alex knocks me down and I do a disgraceful backwards roll ! please. :D

19. middleway

middleway Valued Member

nah ... thats on the out-take reel!

;)

20. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

ah yes, i think I'm grokking, dark straight hair..bit unshaven. he, he

we didn't get round to play : (