aikido went in wrong direction?

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by southern jester, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Satsui_No_Hadou

Satsui_No_Hadou Ultra Valued Member

Lol yes this is the danger of training this way - high level Dans who cannot defend against even semi-real attacks!

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

There are any number of "aiki bunnies" out there but there are also some very effective teachers who retain the original martial aspects to their training.. YOU must make the choice where you want to train.

regards koyo
    ara waza (fighting or severe technique) he is NOT helping me.He is in a most dangerous position neck arm and spine under pressure.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  3. Satsui_No_Hadou

I don't train in Aikido anymore.

4. koyo

Hi Bear

If you are speaking of the makotokai seminar I was more disapointed that he chose to leave rather than look around and see that everyone else was defending against atemi.

I was actually stressing defence of the centreline at the time. (if it was the same incedent)

The boys from the makotokai have actually bean told NOT to use atemi by some instructors when attending aikido seminars. "because it is dangerous!!!!!"

Still we must soldier on.

regards koyo

regards koyo

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Yeah I don't call myself and Aikidoka anymore because I don't DO aikido, infact I don't do any modern style. I just learn principles and train them. I pick up techs. and use only a small subset in a practical manner. It's why I don't "teach" I just train with like minded individuals and share my perspective. I'm also a clubwhore and mooch all I can from people like koyo, then go off put it to the test, then come back and nick some more. Luckily he is an understanding gentleman.

The Bear.

6. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Ha yeah, I am still shocked by that incident.

Surely we in choosing martial arts we choose a dangerous path. No-one say you should climb hill because people fall off them from time to time.

The Bear.

7. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

What bugs me about these youtube clips - of people conducting others around the hall with a nice wrist lock - is that they never show the number one important thing - HIT THE ******* FIRST! HIT HIM HIT HIM HIT HIM! Don't go for you wee piddly arm or wrist lock without hitting them. I got an easy armbar last night on a guy, however I did - accidentally - boot him in the head in the second before I applied my technique.

Point taken and reaffirmed. Even a slap to the dish will do, just hit him.

8. koyo

BUt But But if we hit him we won't get into aikiheaven and meet the sixty aiki virgins. WE shall go to hell and it is full of pirates and bears oh my!!!

THought you might like this entry into an aikido technique.

regards koyo
    from the archives 1980's

Attached Files:

9. SiAiS

SiAiS Moved on

Did he create a Ch'i force field by look a bit like a bear?

10. Satsui_No_Hadou

Lol yeah when people punch me I just put my hand out and they immediately drop their arms and try in vein to avoid my static hand. And when people try to attack me they don't have any technique at all, they just flail their arms around like a monkey.

11. koyo

The guy attacking was about to kick mae geri with his right foot.The "static" hand had blocked his right hook.If you had just taken a solid strike to the chest (for safety in training) I imagine your arms may be flapping.
    Maybe you prefare the one below.The strike to the groin is withheld.

regards koyo

edit

Rg

there are no static hands in martial arts. It is defending my centreline.

Attached Files:

12. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Yeah but what would I do in aikiheaven after 180 seconds anyway.

The Bear.

13. Satsui_No_Hadou

I did like that one more. Nice avoision. Not evasion. Avoision. I love Kent Brockman.

14. koyo

THree seconds each? You are slowing down bear. Anyway if I get there first (which is highly likely) There shall be nothing for you do :D

regards koyo

seeya sat.Will bring some prints for tedi kuma.

15. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Aye but they'll all want it twice ;)

Cool, pick you up at 7.

The Bear.

16. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Man are you guys barking up the wrong tree! If they are Aikivirgins then there will be strictly NO contact. Touching is off the cards.

Aikiheaven sound rubbish. I think I may punch someone today just to make sure I don't go there.

17. Satsui_No_Hadou

If you did go there thrusting counts as Atemi so you would get kicked out! :p

18. koyo

Foolish young upstart !!!!!don't you know there are aikido techniques which can be performed without contact? I know because I have seen them.

regards koyo

Now I have depressed myself. I really did see a demonstration where a "master" of aikido sat in a chair and repulsed the attacks of four swordsmen at the same time.Often without touching them using only his "ki".I had to be dragged from the hall when this ego maniac and his brain donor ukes were performing. :woo:
    DEATH to all aiki bunnies and mystics.(I needed that feel better now)

19. Satsui_No_Hadou

Glad you 'feal' better! I can repulse enemies with my awsome Ki....or is it my body odour? :S

20. koyo

I should point out that you spelled feel wrong. Anyway THIS is the only pointy finger aiki technique that works.

regards koyo

Attached Files: