Aikido Info

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Andy Murray, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hi,

I found this link which relates to Morihei Ueshiba;

Aikido Info

Well worth the read.

Andy

2. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Thanx...this was a nice site. I don't know much at all about aikido, and therefore this thread was a good idea...

I think we should have an info thread in all of the style area here to tell the viewer at least something about that style just incase he or she does not practice that style and doesn't know much. It would really be benificial I think;)

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Or, you could look it up in the glossary ;)

4. med

med New Member

best defence

my site

I find the best defence goes something like this:- :yeleyes:

"right you with the big nose.. yeah you plughead.. CAR PARK 15 MINUTES!!!!!"

upon receiving this particularly tempting invite, proceed home and make a cup of tea.

.... you at home with tea. pleb in rainy car park. result!!

5. Freeform

Yeah, thats just a quote. You're right though, the best, and probably hardest/easiest SD tactic is to not be there at all.

Col

6. Freeform

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  7. med

med New Member

didnt know anything was on.. thats a mega coincidence. whats the lineage of your name. cos your badge is different. ill check out your site in a mo and see.. rocking.

8. med

med New Member

dammit i cant sign your guest book for some reason.. looks strikingly similar to what we do. its all aiki at the end of the day i suppose, but every school has a manner hey! theres loads of info on our lineage on my site, or the club site www.shudokan.org.uk if your interested.

9. Freeform

Shodokan was taken from the style practiced by Tomiki Sensei, a student of O'Sensei. He wished the style be called Shodokan, but it is also known as Tomiki Aikido.

These days Shodokan is headed by Nariyama Sensei.

Shodokan is usually descrided as an 'in the middle' style of aikido. Not as 'hard' as Yoshinkan but harder than Aiki-kai. The unique thing about Shodokan is the practice of Randori, and that there is also a competitive side.

Colin

10. Tintin

Tintin Cats: All your base...

Hi med,

poor codeing on our behalf means that you cant put any apostrophes in a message for our guestbook. I'll fix it one of these days. Haven't had a chance to look at your site yet but will do when I get a chance later today.

11. med

med New Member

i just noticed on my site.. some where between my computer and the web its been changed from 'shudokan' to 'shodokan'... hmm, that ll be fixed tonight. just thought id mention it to avoid confusion

12. Master Lee

Master Lee New Member

nice link

13. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

And this thread hasn't been touched for over two years.
    Please observe the dates, and only resurrect long-dead threads if you have something really, really good to add.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.