Aikido in Glasgow

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Amoeba, Jan 27, 2009.

1. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

Koyo I hope you don't mind me putting these stories from the past on.I think most are funny and that some on here might appreciate them,and also see the funny side.

2. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

No not a typing error. I'm sure he was very polite to those other Gentlemen too.

The Bear.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I am sure he doesn't mind at all :D.

The Bear.

4. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

My "friends" at the Makotokai are following them religiously. In the hope that my dignified perona may be breached.

I however am sure you would not DARE to post anything embarassing:evil::evil::evil:

regards koyo

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I am sure they are just adding to the legend of Koyo.

You know, some say that Koyo doesn't eat normal food, that he lives on Ki and a few leaves and that Chuck Norris dreams of being him. :D

The Bear.

6. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

Mmmmmmm food for thought Koyo:evil:

7. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

And he can walk on water:hat::hat:

8. koyo

Kiddies take note that I am maintaining a dignified silence during your childish rants.

SEE YOU tomorrow bear.

Bill

9. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

Koyo no offence meant.
    I have emailed you some photos that my dad has ,that you might fine interesting. One has Chiba Shihan in Glasgow.

10. koyo

No offence taken. If you cannot laugh at your past..it wasn't worth living it.:cool:

The photo you sent me of Shihan hepburn reminded me of an "incident".
    BBC were making a documentary on kendo and we were present. While the other aikidoka were busy attempting to keep your father away from the camera:evil:

The fellow filming the kendo asked a quite young and handsome Japanese if he would demonstrate some techniques.

He was a visitor to Scotland and knew none of us. He came over to John Hepburn and I and "tapped John on the shoulder" with his shinai and said "You will do!" I think John was 5th dan at the time.

They faced each other and the guy said "Roll film..ACTION"
    BOOOOOM!!!! the young Japanese fellow was lifted right off his feet and crashed into the wall behind him.

"Heppy" looked at me with an evil grin and said "I should not have done that should I."We shared a flat at the time and would often beat the daylights out of each other.

regards koyo
    Shihan Hepburn

Attached Files:

11. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

Good story Koyo. Hepburn shihan looks as if he could look after himself.My dad has a couple more of him I will look them out.
    I cannot believe that any amount of people could hold my dad back from any camera :hat::hat:

12. IAI

IAI Valued Member

Where is your dojo Polar Bear and who was your teacher?

Sincerely

Iai:)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  13. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I am the Marshal of the Glasgow Company of Duellists. We train at the Palace of Arts, Sundays 3-5.

The Bear.

14. koyo

I was the Bear's aikido instructor for a number of years he also studied aiki ken and jo.
    Members of the Makotokai have visited Sensei Flynn's dojo and have been made welcome and enjoyed the training.
    Our form of training may be seen on the aikido an insight thread here on MAP.

The Bear's "attitude" is refreshingly his own 6'4" and built like and as strong as... er a bear with a make it work on me attitude.

Really an all round nice guy.

regards koyo

15. IAI

IAI Valued Member

Im sure he is, it just looked like he was saying Mike Flynn Sensei was a student of his from the wording on one of his posts , sometimes things can misinterpreted when read off a page, my bad!

The training and overall experience at Thistle Dojo is of a very high standard and in good spirit and i would recommend it too anyone. They train all aspects of Aikido as taught by Chiba Shihan and the art of Iaido as as taught by Mitzazuka Sensei and Chiba Sensei.

I was lucky too train at Makotokai too for a handful of classes a few years back and again i found it too be a great place too train and a great bunch of guys . And I have too say i found a whole lot more in common with the two clubs than i found differances.

And at both the Dojos the teachers were polite approachable and patient the last quality mentioned needed by a teacher if im on the mat!!

I just read this Quote the other day,

Do not think that this is all there is.
    More and more magnificent teachings exist-
    The way of the Sword is unfathomable.
    The world is wide, full of occurrences.
    Keep that in mind and never believe
    "I am the only one who knows"
    -Yamaoka Tesshu, of Muto-ryu

Yours Sincerely

Iai:)

16. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Curse of the internet, I'm afraid. I thought you were making an apporach for a duel. I also thought the good old days were back for a minute. ;)

The Bear.

17. koyo

The good old days are still to be found if you know where to look.

Young Hazel with blood on her hands AGAIN

Attached Files:

18. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Not your blood again Sensei ?????

Smurf:evil::evil:

19. koyo

Nope her boyfriends. But I have had the ocassional lump on my head from her "enthusiastic" use of the bokken.

Even the mighty Polar Bear has fallen victim to her wrath.

regards koyo

20. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Oh yes. Hazel is a fine warrior, I would kill to have a few like her in the Duellists.

The Bear.