Aikido Dojos in West Lothian

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Quozl, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Quozl

Quozl Valued Member

Hi Guys,

Please forgive my intrusion into your webspace, but I am trying to find some information on how to contact Sensei Stephen Colville, who would appear to run an Aikido Dojo in Whitburn here in Scotland.

I have tried the contact information that was presented on the British Aikido Board Webpage, but none of it seems to be current. I have also tried getting in touch with Whitburn Accademy where the Dojo is supposed to meet, but they haven't been all that helpful.

For some reason I do not seem to be able to access the Aikido Dojo Scotland Website, that seems to be set up for Sensei Stephen (altthough since I cannot gain access to it I don't actually know what the site covers), and so therefore cannot check the contact details from there.

Does anybody know if Sensei Stephen is still practicing, please? And if so can I please have contact details for the club as I have an interest in Aikido I would like to persue?

Sorry to intrude as I said, but if anybody can help I would be very grateful. If you would prefer to PM me the details rather than print them in open forum for any reason, that would be fine too.

I thank you all in advance for your help.

All the best.

2. Hi.

Try this:
    http://www.aikidoscotland2.org/

Hope it helps. :)

3. Quozl

Quozl Valued Member

Much obliged Vimto.

Just tried the website address you posted, but for some reason I am not permitted access to this site either!!

Maybe it is my computer, but I am getting a "you are forbidden access to this site" message! :bang:

Thanks for trying.

Quozl

4. It looks like he is still practicing, since he is giving/has given a seminar this month.

There is no email address on the site, field where a message can be sent to them, here:
    http://www.aikidoscotland2.org/contact

From the website:

Normal Training Venues:

More Experienced: Mondays & Wednesdays 7- 9pm.
    Beginners: Tuesday 7:30-9pm

Address:
    Whitburn Academy
    Shanks Road,
    Whitburn,
    West Lothian,
    EH47 0HL

You could perhaps pop along and have a chat with them, if not too far?

Good luck.

5. Quozl

Quozl Valued Member

Much Obliged Vimto.

Beginners on a Tuesday! Might just pop along there tonight and see what he says.

Thanks for your help.

Quozl

6. Quozl

Quozl Valued Member

I seem doomed never to find out about this Dojo! Went there tonight and Whitburn Academy is all closed up - must be Half Term up here!

If Anybody does have contact details I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers All,

Quozl

7. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

Stevie teaches at kirkliston sports centre. it will just be for this week with the school hols then he is back at whitburn. try opening his site using firefox rather than explorer if thats what you are using.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  8. Quozl

Quozl Valued Member

Much Obliged Dentoiwwamaryu. I'll try getting him at Kirkliston, or next week at Whitburn.

All the very best,

Quozl

9. Let us know how you get on.

10. Quozl

Quozl Valued Member

Will do Vimto, and thanks for all the help everyone.

Quozl

11. Quozl

Quozl Valued Member

Just to let you all know, since you asked in a previous post, I have found the Dojo at Whitburn Accademy, and although unfortunately Sensei wasn't there tonight, I met one of his senior pupils who was most kind and informative.

It appears they practice Iwama Ryu Aikido, and having You Tubed Daniel Toutain (as from my conversation it appears he practices this art too) I believe that I have found what I am looking for! (Albeit that I think I have at least 30 to 40 years to go before I can even think of being that effortless in the techniques I saw practiced!)

I would like to thank you all for your help in locating this Dojo.

All the best,

Quozl.

12. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

Glad you enjoyed yourselve. If your ever in the the City your more than welcome at my dojo too.

13. Quozl

Quozl Valued Member

Muh obliged, Dentoiwamaryu. PG, I will take you up on that some time.

All the best,

Quoz.