Aiki Ribbons with Energy Flow.....!!!

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by towag, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

What do I think? I think there's an agenda here that goes beyond innocent discussion. Seriously if you think the guy with the ribbons is no good. Go down to his dojo and practice with him. If you have some sort of beef with the BAB. Take it up with the BAB. Go tell them to their faces what you think of them. At this point in time membership of the BAB is voluntary. Not compulsory.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

There fixed it for you.

in all honesty the ribbons and setting up his own style of aikido are a little fruity. In the main one of the the overriding charactoristics of Japanese martial arts are usually the austere and spartan nature of the training and lack of ego involved. this doesnt indicate that. Biomechanically a would think a 7th degree wouldnt bend his back out of strong posture so much during the demos, but then Im no aikidoka.

3. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Oh yeah the guy is a complete fruit loop. I just don't see what's gained from revisiting the subject. It's not exactly a positive use of the forum is it? And well the forum. It's a place for discussion. But it's not a soap box. And this is all starting to look very familiar. Like history repeating it's self.

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

I'm quite sure that wasn't aikido...
    Aikido is a legit MA. That demo wasn't.
    He flailed his arms around for the first 20 seconds...
    I've never seen this video before, but it was absolute crap. But I've seen good aikido.
    Like this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbOwfLf8Pzk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbOwfLf8Pzk[/ame]

5. embra

embra Valued Member

Maybe the Izumizu-ryu?

6. towag

towag Valued Member

Well I'm interested in finding out how and why the BAB is allowing it to happen, so could you direct me to those posts that have discussed this before, so I can get the whole picture.....?
    When people phone me to ask where there are good clubs I can refer them to such.... Why is it such a soap box to you? I think it is something worth discussing instead of letting it fester. Aikido gets enough bad press from those who think it is non effective as a martial art and they should be exposed. Better for aikido and MA as a whole don't you think?

7. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

I think it’s fair to say you already know where I stand on such issues however;

If you're contesting the BAB's involvement/complicity, you should write to the Chairman.

If you're contesting the nature/quality/effectiveness of the Aikido, you should go and train with the man; then prove the ineffectiveness to them directly.

If you're contesting the legitimacy of the man's 7th dan and ultimately the credibility of the man's lineage after his last known physical grading, you should write to him directly.

Once you have the facts and or retorts to any or all of the above, that's when you're in a position to discuss the matter through media such as this.

8. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

MAP does have a search function. Feel free to use it. As I've already stated. If you have an issue with this particular teacher or the BAB. Take it up with them. So far as I am aware nobody on MAP is a member of the BAB board of directors. You won't find any answers here.

9. towag

towag Valued Member

Wolfie have done that and nothing came up. I'm sure others would like to know to....
    Have written to BAB and got nothing, seems its a bit embarrassing maybe?
    You mean to tell me that no one on this site is a member of the BAB?
    I find that a little hard to believe.... C'mon wolfie lets have the goods....
    It is an issue, just sick and tired of people who get away with this crap, as I'm sure there are other aikidoka of real worth thinking the same but do not speak up, it's about time they did!! Forums are a good way of exposing it so people who come here are made more aware of it....
    The more forums that do it the better for MA as a whole....

10. towag

towag Valued Member

Dave, you say you gave up gendai budo/aikido because of this. It's down to people such as I and yourself to speak up for aikido as a whole, not go and hide.... Do you honestly want to see aikido suffer like this? Short of going around Dojo busting which will get you arrested quick time!! I don't see any other way of eradicating it, do you?

11. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

dojo busting:
    http://www.global-training-report.com/gracie_invasion2.htm
    I don't agree with the invasion but definitely ask to practice at real time with one of the more senior students when you visit a Dojo, after class of course.
    It makes a point that needs to be heard. These guys will wonder why they lost and will question their teacher.

12. towag

towag Valued Member

Don't you think this has already been done? I got told I wasn't harmonising with them!! Ha ha! Red faced and knackered was the result for them.....Yet we see the prolific rise of these orgs on the increase....
    These people go back to their "dojo's" thinking they haven't done their ki exercises properly and carry on the delusion to other unsuspecting people...
    I think we have a duty to expose these frauds....

13. towag

towag Valued Member

Aikido with ribbons is not Aikido and fraudulent grades are not acceptable or helps all that read the subject matter.. When you hear someone privately say they had trained with these type of people for several years before they realised that they had wasted a part of lives is nothing short of deplorable and rank fraud.... Why does the BAB allow it?

14. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Maybe you should pay more attention. There is a massive difference between being a member of the BAB and being on it's board of directors.

Excuse me? Am I being accused of something here? What goods? Stop talking in semaphore.

15. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Then go start a blog over at blogger or some such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.