Aiki Ribbons with Energy Flow.....!!!

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by towag, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Only one man can masculine up this thread...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6bZSM48vU&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6bZSM48vU&NR=1[/ame]

2. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Please read the ToS.

3. towag

towag Valued Member

4. towag

towag Valued Member

I thought this was a more tolerant MA site. Blimey not another Jun Whatsisname.... OK will try not to blaspheme for those with sensitive sensibilities.....

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Nothing wrong with it...I wear it, but the overwhelming wussiness needed a dose of Bruce!

6. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Don't mean to be unfriendly, but if the the TOS really bothers you, you could always try Bullshido. Their site is generally geared towards adults, compared to MAP, which is all around fun and family friendly :)
    The last guy who swore frequently ended up being smashed over the head by the ban hammer.

7. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

It is. Asking people not to swear is not a big ask.

8. towag

towag Valued Member

:cool::)

9. towag

towag Valued Member

:evil::rolleyes:

10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

http://www.harmony-with-the-universe.co.uk/who

''I am a 7th Dan international Aikido teacher. I also teach mind and body co-ordination, dynamic relaxation and infinite Tai Chi. I am a very keen photographer with many of my works displayed in exhibitions.

I have also reached a high level in salsa dancing
    My teacher was Sensei K Williams 5th Dan.

Also I was fortunate enough to attend seminars with Master Koichi Tohei 10th Dan, and some of his teachers.

''
    http://www.universalaikido.com/what-is-aikido/sensei-kolesnikov
    ''•In 1982, he founded the KSMBDA organisation, developing his own style of Aikido.''

http://www.universalaikido.com/news/sensei-kolesnikov-7th-dan
    ''
    Congratulations to Sensei Kolesnikov, who was awarded 7th Dan on 23rd January 2010.

This award is recognised by the British Aikido Board (BAB), and places Sensei amongst the highest ranking Aikido professionals in the UK and worldwide.
    ''

11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

12. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

What is he trying to show here? That he wants to be a baton twirler? Not a single bit of that video showed any relationship between Body and weapon. No body tech at all just arms. Is there anyone here who had trained in this and can explain what it has to do with Aikido as Budo?

13. towag

towag Valued Member

Aha now we are getting to the truth.... aikido is now a health product combined with dance forms and I love me littérateur.... sounds like a money winner to me especially coming from a nurse...... And we all know what the BAB is now don't we!! Alleluia!! Lets get the ukulele's out and prance about like loopy lunatics!! I nearly said bloody.....:rolleyes:

14. towag

towag Valued Member

Aaaaah he now Yoda Knlokiscoff called......... bow in recognition to his services to aikido or he will laser you from above....:rolleyes:

15. towag

towag Valued Member

Who awarded Kolenkishove a 7th dan ?? His students ?? The award is recognised by the BAB !! How on earth can the BAB recognise or approve any grade - The BAB executive is also 95% full of self graded high grades and Shihans who would not recognise a honest grade if they saw one.. I understand that any one can get an online BAB dan grade certificate off their website for a fee.....

This award is recognised by the British Aikido Board (BAB), and places Sensei? Amongst the highest ranking Aikido professionals in the UK and worldwide.

How can a self aggrandising grade elevate one to a position of one of the leading Aikido professional worldwide - a leg end in his own life time?

:confused::eek::rolleyes:

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Spot the typo. So anyway. Why the focus on this guy? He's been discussed on this forum before. It's all be said and done.

17. towag

towag Valued Member

What do you think?......

18. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

The important question to consider is... Who or what organisation awarded Kolesnikov his 7th dan ? also.. what was his last actual physical grade awarded to him by someone with a legitimate background.

Forget that BS about the BAB recognising anything, that's just a ploy and, the moment I read such drivel I immediately roll my eyes. The statement about him being one of the highest ranking aikido professionals in the world is another load of horse-apple BS.

This sort of crap is one of the reasons I won't study gendai budo anymore.

Just let this guy wallow in his own BS and let's discuss something far more worthwhile.

19. towag

towag Valued Member

See your point whole heartedly Dave, but what does that say about the governing umbrella Group for aikido? The committee/admin, whatever, as far as I'm aware are made up of self appointed grades.....
    That tells me something.....
    Is this the course for the future of aikido? If that's the case I'm glad I'm out of it.....

20. towag

towag Valued Member

What the BAB for letting it happen or what?.......
    Seems to be quite the norm for them....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.