Agents Of Sheild

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by 19thlohan, Apr 16, 2014.

1. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

So who's watching?

For me the series started a little too slow and sometimes was way to campy but it's really picked up towards the end of the season and I love the way they tied the last 2 episodes into the recent Captain America film. I'm ,looking forward to seeing where they go from here.

2. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

I've been watching too, agree with you..it has picked up and is very interesting lately.

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I actually stopped watching it, then was bored and decided I would give it a go and clicked on the most recent episode, two short of the Cap'n Puerto Rico tie in. It has certainly become far more interesting!

4. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

The whole series subplot has been tied in with the events leading up to The Winter Soldier. What the last two episodes have done is provide the follow through from that movie.

5. Ero-Sennin

Yeah I got that, I just didn't feel like a great job was done. Maybe I just didn't pay attention enough, but overall it just seemed kind of boring. The only time I was really interested beyond the last few episodes was when Coulson found out about
    how he was brought back to life.

6. 19thlohan

It has but you wouldn't know it if you didn't see Winter Soldier. I just think the last few episodes are a huge step up from the beginning. My favorite episode so far was actually the one with Sif and Lorelie.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  7. 19thlohan

Not really a spoiler since we all saw him die in Avengers and come back in this series.

8. Ero-Sennin

Yeah I know, but it becomes a major part of the plot so I thought I would be better safe than sorry. :p

9. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

It's not without it's flaws but I'm certainly enjoying it.

10. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

The pilot episode was terrible, but I'm enjoying it. Chun Li is awesome, Fitz/Simmons is a hilarious combo and I'm sure that Sky....
    Is probably Agent May's daughter? Although not obvious she is half Chinese and briefly mentioned it in 1 episode

11. 19thlohan

Interesting theory!

12. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Very interesting theory, the actress:

Chloe (Bennet) Wang was born to a Chinese father and American mother on 18th April, 1991 in Chicago, USA. She moved to Beijing to pursue a singing career. While she was there, she studied Mandarin, learned the demands of international pop stardom and released her debut single, "Uh Oh", in both English and Mandarin.

13. Mushroom

I just watched episode 17 and ....holy..... jeebus!

Yeah, really need to watch Capt America 2 before that episode. So many spoilers!

14. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Now you'll appreciate why they waited until the movie had been out for a few weeks before releasing that episode.

15. Ero-Sennin

I can imagine you sprawled out on your couch with a bucket of popcorn (half of it all over you), hearing the spoilers and flailing around like a turtle on its back in an attempt to get up, cover your ears, and trying to turn the TV off all at the same time while screaming NOOOOOOOOO! :D

16. Mushroom

Nope. I was savvy enough to watch Cap2 before ep 17.. got episode 18 to watch tonight but I'm catching up on some MMA.

:D

17. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I've been saying this for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually came out either for those exact reasons. Funny how a lot of people think it's not possible until they are given a little bit of background information on the actress as well.

I think Coulson has something to do with it too.

18. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

This series started out slow but got better and better. Especially when they started having more things related to super hero's and some super hero's in it. (Sif, Enchantress, Deathlok, etc.)

19. 19thlohan

I honestly thought Ward was undercover until last night. Fooled me good!