Aftermath

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Judderman, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Lots of people train hard for the actual fight, some even cover the pre-fight stuff, who covers the post fight stuff?

What can happen in the post fight section?

2. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I think theres a law section somewhere :(

But something for dealing with the stress of it would be a good idea.

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

First Aiders! :D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  4. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

*rub my hands together* heh heh heh...time to see what's in the will. :D

5. Jim

Jim New Member

I train quite a bit in post-conflict. There's legal aspects, first aid, scene management and (of course) psychological aspects to consider. Usually a lot can happen after everyone thinks all the bad stuff has already occured.

6. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

The post fight section?
    If you won, you wait for the dude you fought with to come back with friends and baseball bats. In other words, watch your back and live in fear and paranoia!
    If you lost, go sit at home and nurse your injuries with loads of ice if you don't have to go to the hospital.

7. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Oh by the way, pgm316, your sig is some is ill, sick, crazy, nuts, gangsta. haha That's by far the roughest one I've seen so far :D Who did you kill?

8. marcusknight

marcusknight Valued Member

my city is like a huge village, i get in a fight and everyone on the streets is talking about it, i hate it, so in a post fight i just wait for all teh fuss to go down, but 3 years on since my last fight and ppl still talk about it

9. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

So how do you deal with these aspects? So far there has been:
    1) Medical
    2) Legal
    3) Revenge
    4) Pchychology
    5) Scene management

so could people explain what they mean by these a little more clearly please?

10. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Resurrected to promote further debate.

11. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

1) Pay their medical bill
    2) Hope they don't sue
    3) Revenge is pointless or so says the Bible
    4) Hmm I've never really worried about that
    5) Tell everyone to take 3 F****** steps back!

12. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Simple advice for a not so simple situation

1) Medical

This is something that should be preemptively done:
    Take a first aid course, pay particular attention to shock, and concussion sections. This will help you assess your situation in you're injured and rendering aid to your attacker will look better from a legal standpoint. Don't forget there are laws regarding failure to render aid.

2) Legal

If you're able and have the presence of mind, get names and numbers of witnesses, just in case.

3) Revenge

Notifiy law enforcement in you believe this to be an issue. Be on the lookout for people that are too interested in your activities and movements.

4) Psychology

Here's a tough one: Depending on the person and the level of violence it can range from nothing to severe post traumatic stress disorder. It may not even show up immediately and may manifest months later. Chronic nightmares and sleep distrubances, depression, a feeling of anxiety or impending doom, and flashbacks are common symptoms. See a mental health professional if you exhibit these or other signs. Watch out for mental triggers (things you have come to associate with the trauma e.g. you were assaulted with a baseball bat, the sight of a bat may revive the trauma). One very common experience are body memories, you're body will relive the situation independant of your mind. It replays the fight or flight tape over and over, exhausting you physically and emotionally. You don't know why you feel this way and can't seem to snap out of it. This can become very harmful physically and can facillitate self-defeating practices. Get control of it before, it gets control of you.

5) Scene management

Some of this was covered in 1 and 2. If a weapon was involved make sure it doesn't walk away, as they frequnently will if left unattended.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004