Absolutely not for beginners or even intermediate (Iron Shirt)

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by gerard, Mar 30, 2004.

1. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Hi internal artists, I found this article on the Net about this advanced Shaolin fire Qigong. The method was adapted by Mantak Chia, however he is not the inventor. BTW he's the article I am talking about:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kfranzen/IS1Intro.htm

I personally try to stay away from Iron Shirt because is fire.

Ti fang, dang xin, zhu yi, Gerard

2. gerard

gerard Valued Member

That if it belongs to the hard packing style.

Sorry for being less specific. Normal Iron Shirt is OK, but still you need to have a good foundation before embarking into this stuff.

Dao xie, Gerard.

3. gerard

gerard Valued Member

4. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Thanks for the interesting links, Gerard. Have you ever done any qi packing practices? I understand that you practice a water method-- what is your practice?

I do a system called taiji five-element qigong, which includes a standing post exercise, qigong meditation, and a standing downward dissolving.

I personally think that most iron shirt practices are dangerous unless you have opened the microcosmic orbit.

5. gerard

gerard Valued Member

I hwardo, agree that iron shirt is very demanding unless you know what you're doing. Nope, I haven't tried and I won't unless a find a master. When I get to China I'll get into it as part of my martial art training and resistance to illness (colds and flu). I practice some sort of iron shirt in terms of internal breathing, I mean breathing through lao-gong and yon-quan points. However my general approach is water: Horse stance dissolving, taiji and sitting meditation (microcosmic orbit).

Ti fang, dang xin, zhu yi, Gerard.

6. Sanitarium

Sanitarium New Member

I thought this was Martial Arts, not a videogame? :love:

7. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Not sure that I follow, but :love: right back at ya.

8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

LOL! I concur :D