A simple hello... For those who remember me.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Smokemare, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Smokemare

Smokemare ITF TKD 2nd Dan

Hello all,

Not sure who is still lurking around this forum that might remember my innate ramblings of old. Just thought I'd drop in and say hello. I am still 100% out of training, the house still isn't finished and my now 9 month old daughter is still taking up all my spare time that I'm not working on the house build.

I did pop into my local Taekwondo club a few months ago, just to say hello and show off my little girl :)

I am trying to get myself fitter again, I do circuit training at the leisure centre once a week. Am I planning on returning yet? No, not really. I still feel a bit dissillusioned with the whole Martial Arts thing... My business has had a really rocky 12 months as well, with one of the partners sabotaging us by stealing contacts, tools and quotes, then leaving to work for a competitor... I'm glad he's gone actually, but he's left us in a bit of a state. I feel just... burned out by everything...

I might try and get back one day, but I can't see it for some time...

2. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

hello,

Welcome back to the forum.. I remember you (I think! - Ive a terible memory).

Sorry to hear you've had a sh##ty time and hope you sort it all out, and get back training.

Stuart

3. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

I remember you - you are/were one of Mr Salt's students, if memory serves.

Congratulations on your baby and I hope that the business thing stabilises and becomes successful :)

4. Smokemare

Somebody give that man a coconut!

Yes, and I suppse despite having done several other arts in small degrees and trained under dozens of instructors some for weeks, some for months... First and foremost I'm still 'One of Mr Salt's' and my respect for him has not diminished at all, despite my personal feelings about training at the moment. He's a great instructor and a real asset to PUMA and Taekwondo.

5. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

For what it's worth :

Get back into training!

Even if you don't have the time or money to get back to classes, train a bit yourself at home. Shadow box, stretch, go through some forms - whatever your favourite things are.

Whenever i have felt overwhelmed, I have dropped training. And whenever I forced myself back into doing something, I have always felt better for it. The benefits of exercise as a mood enhancer are well known, and judging by your sig, I suspect you at least once had a great passion for it.

6. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

[​IMG]

Woo hoo!

:D

7. Cunorix

Cunorix New Member

Hey Smokemare!
    I haven't been here for long but I simply want to say hello and I hope you can get back into Taekwondo as soon as possible! I know when I broke my leg I was bummed out that I would be out of commission for a good 6 months.

8. paddy ska

paddy ska Valued Member

PUMA is a lot better since you left and Mr Salt has his 6th Degree now,
    So get your bahooky back to training. Phone him first and that way it'll get rid of the nerves.
    And give Mark Chadwick a kick from me!!

9. Smokemare

Oooh, now i'm interested! PUMA is better now? Can you state in detail what was wrong with it in the first place and what has changed? If not here - then PM me. Does, erm, whats' her name still go? Grrr, erm, Marie soemthing-or-other - had just got her second Dan when I lived... Erm, strange second name? Used to win lots of comps?

Where are the clubs training at the moment? My wife actually suggested I start going once a week again, but I recently told her I was still too disillusioned with Tae Kwon Do, which is a shame because it used to be a big part of my life.

10. Alvaro92

Alvaro92 Valued Member

11. Smokemare

Hello... Have we met?

12. KingNoodle

KingNoodle Back In Black

Like Alvaro92 I probably don't know you, but hi.