A Great Master Has Passed Away

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by asher987, Sep 4, 2010.

1. asher987

asher987 Valued Member

It is with real sadness that I write to inform all Aikidoka on MAP that my teacher Sugano Shihan passed away on the 29th August 2010 in New York. :cry:

Sugano Sensei started Aikido in Australia in 1965 and used to return twice a year to run our annual Winter and Summer Schools. What a privelage to train with him. His Aikido was pure and his manner was quiet and unassuming. He will be terribly missed by all of us who loved him.

Below is our official announcement of his passing.
    http://www.aikido.org.au/

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Sincere sorrow and condolence to his family and students.

regards koyo

3. rivend

rivend Valued Member

May he rest in peace, and the memory of him continue on.

4. embra

embra Valued Member

May Sugano Shihan's spirit live on with his family and students.

5. izumizu

izumizu Banned Banned

Deep sympathies

I share your sorrow, and know what it is to have a great shihan pass away. May he continue to live on through his many students and what he as imparted with them.

6. asher987

asher987 Valued Member

Thank you so much for your sympathies, they are a comfort at this difficult time. I didn't realise that when I said goodbye to him in January of this year, that it was for the last time. I keep thinking of the missed opportunities to watch that much more carefully, to be "more focussed, more attentive" as Sensei would say. He lived life fully and died as a true warrior, choosing his time.

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Sorry to hear the bad news.

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Sorry to hear the bad news.

9. izumizu

izumizu Banned Banned

--

Our hello's are just as important as our goodbye's. You were very fortunate to have crossed paths and shared life on this planet together, and such is the greatness, and significance of your loss.

一期一会 "Ichi go ichi e."

10. DragonPrawn

DragonPrawn Valued Member

May He rest in Peace

11. Commander Nitro

Commander Nitro Valued Member

He has lived well and may his memory continue to live on in the hearts of others.