4th Dan Re-Testing

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by G50, Nov 20, 2011.

1. G50

G50 Night Owl

2 Years ago, I tested for my 4th Dan. I was able to do very well with the Stamina Test during the 1st week of testing. During the 2nd week of testing, I was able to pass the technical portion of the test.

Then came the breaking. I had to break 5 Boards with a Front Kick, 5 with a punch, 5 with an Elbow, and finally 2 thick Bricks with a Palm Strike.

Unfortunately, I was unable to break the Bricks and therefore failed the test.

---

The next 2 years I was working hard and really becoming prepared to re-test and try again.

------

At the re-test on Saturday, I only had to do the Brick Breaking that I failed. I struggled, but eventually pulled through. :karate: Unfortunately during my follow through my face hit the Cinder Blocks, and I broke a couple of teeth. :(

This 4th Dan test was very special. I became the 1st TMA student to reach 4th Dan through the whole belt system, and really showed great Perserverence and never give up attitude to finish out this test.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  2. Osu,

Congrats Gaylen50 on your successful test and promotion. :)
    Sorry to hear about your teeth though! :(

Can I ask you what you mean by that?

OSu!

3. G50

G50 Night Owl

=============

Thanks.

TMA or Bally's TMA is the name of my school.
    This TKD organization has been around for close to 20 years.

I am the Senior Student of the organization, and because of that, I was the 1st to progress this far.

4. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

Congrats! As Old Kyokushin mentioned, sorry about the teeth!

5. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Congratulations from me too!!! :cool:
    Hardworking and perseverance are the 2 qualities I admire the most in a person.:)
    I am sorry about your teeth.. Sounds painful, but it seems that your happiness and enthusiasm exceeded your pain.

6. Thank you - I first thought that TMA stood for Traditional Martial Arts, as it is commonly used here on MAP.

OSu!

7. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Many congratulations, sounds like a tough test. Shame about the teeth, but its good that you have taken it in the spirit of things, though still sorry to hear that happened.

Well done,

Stuart