1st Wing Chun lesson - Loved it!

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by majoha, Oct 6, 2003.

1. majoha

majoha New Member

OKay so I had my first Wing Chun lesson and I loved it - feel shattered - but it was great.

Can any of you recommend any good books to help with learning it ???

Cheers

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Look for stuff by Robert Chu and Rene Ritchie.

'Complete Wing Chun' by the above is a must have.

3. majoha

majoha New Member

Actually I picked up a copy of that a few days ago - it is good, but I was wondering if there was anything else that shows the movements really clearly ?

4. Andy Murray

In that case, you'll love this!

5. majoha

majoha New Member

that is soooooooooooooooo cool !

OKay off to practice interactive Wing Chun.

Thanks very much.

6. Andy Murray

You're most welcome mate.

Happy to be of service.

Do let us know where you are based, and who you are training with.

We may have forum members in your locale.

Welcome to MAP.

7. majoha

majoha New Member

8. Andy Murray

Ah, the man has a good rep.

Always good to know a man who knows his way round Soho too :D

9. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Theres a book by J. Yim Lee thats often attributed to Bruce Lee because apparently he was the technical editor called "Wing Chun Kung Fu: Chinese art of self defence". It's got pictures of all the movements (from front and side) of the first form so I think its a very useful book to have when your learning Siu Lim Tao and I if I remember correctly it shows you some basic Chi Sao drills and footwork drills- so basically its a good book if your starting to learn Wing Chun.

10. kenshiro

kenshiro New Member

Finally somebody who is practcing wing chun in good old London. (except for CKava) I will be starting pretty soon. I looked at the site and found that there is a school located near me in North London. I e-mailed one of the sifu's to see if they train total beginners and how much it would cost. One question though what did you do in your first lesson??? jogging, running, push ups, meditation??? what.. I am dying to know.

Oh and Andy is that your real picture ( you dressed up as the devil ) or just an image you use. Just curious :D

Many Thanks

Ferdinand

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  11. majoha

majoha New Member

Thanks for the tip on that book CKava - will check it out. Have a lesson tonigh and then I will miss my next three lessons as I'm off to Chicago, so it will be useful to have a book to practice to whilst away.

Kenshiro - during the first lesson I were just practicing forms and moves - or rather everyone else was practicing and I was trying hard to not to tie my arms in knots. No pushups or anything like that, have second lesson tonight so will see how that goes. Possible that's connected to the fact that the sifu only gives lessons twice a week at the gym I go to. I don't have anything to compare it to so I don't know if that is the norm or note. Possibly Andy will enlighten us...

12. kenshiro

kenshiro New Member

:eek: WOW u replie quick. Thanks dude. Also Thankyou for maybe finding me a school that I may attend to( see what happens when I get a reply from my e-mail). Good luck 2 night
    and have a hoot in chicago.

Many thanks

Ferdinand

13. majoha

majoha New Member

Chicago will a lot of work and very little hoot - but still..

Let me know if you go to that school and if so what the classes are like - interesting to compare.

Cheers,
    Matthew

14. kenshiro

kenshiro New Member

will do mate

will do

Many thanks

Ferdinand