1st MT lesson

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by funkymonk, Sep 20, 2005.

1. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Well i had my 1st Thai boxing lesson last Wednesday and i have to say that i really enjoyed it. I went along with a friend who does MT and when i got there i was surprised to see another TKD bb who i know thats been doing MT for 5 months and loves it. The one thing i can't get used to at the moment is blocking low or mid section kicks with my legs but i'm sure i'll get used to it. Another thing was that even though i had my shin guards on i took a kick in the shins and had pins and needles in my foot like when you catch the funny bone on your arm but it wasn't too bad. I learnt a couple of wicked combinations like throwing a jab then kicking the opponents leg with a roundhouse, moving the kicking leg out to the side then following up with a knee delivered like a roundhouse to the solar plexus. (I like that one a lot!) I'm not gonna give up my tkd just yet but i'm definatley going for my next MT lesson tommorrow. :)

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

In time, you will come to know the power of the dark side :D

3. Jahk Nah Rai

Jahk Nah Rai Valued Member

Well congrats dood, enjoy yourself.
    Oh I'm sorry, Tae Kwon wha? :D

4. TomB

TomB Train Hard, Fight Easy

ooo that shin block is a real good one ;)

5. sportmuaythai

sportmuaythai Valued Member

Congratulation on your new found experience. The jab and leg kick is a classic move. :)