1st class

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by M Lambert, Feb 16, 2006.

1. M Lambert

M Lambert Fitness Consultant

well I just got back from my first freestyle kickboxing class and i was really impressed :D I dont think I remember a time I've enjoyed my arms and legs wanting to fall off until now lol!

I was partnered up with i think one of the european championship guys and also a guy who is apparently in the top 10 of Britain (they didnt tell me themselves one of the other lads did which also impressed me, not showing off etc.) - i wasnt treated like an idiot but shown everything and what each punch and kick was i was asked to do. The pad work and sparring was interupted by loads of cardio and group physical work like situps, ski jumps and pushups etc which was wicked and kept me going :D

I'm definately going back for more, I had to be told to stop when my toe exploded coz of a nicely developed blood blister :D lol

so it looks like you guys have a new lurker on the Kickboxing forum :)

2. seyah

seyah Valued Member

Hi Lambert, a little bit of advice, dont use the words freestyle & kickboxing in the same frase as you will have the kickboxers baying for your blood.

You are either doing freestyle (as in karate) or kickboxing as in light con or full con or MT the guys don't like the two terms mixed.

However after saying that wellcome to the world of pain. :) :) :)

3. M Lambert

M Lambert Fitness Consultant

meh, i dunno, says freestyle and kickboxing there but he might just be sounding shiny - i know i kick and punch stuff at the moment lol

thanks for the welcome - i woke up with a bit of an ache so its passed the "long term" test as a good workout too :D lol

4. seyah

seyah Valued Member

Topic for debate i'm taking cover :bang: :bang: :eek:

5. hux

hux ya, whatever.

congrats!

6. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

the bugs bitten you, now lets see how long it takes for the addiction :)