1st - 3rd Dan black belt suit lining

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by milleniummanp7, May 10, 2010.

1. milleniummanp7

milleniummanp7 Valued Member

I just recently graded to 1st Dan and am wondering where I can buy the lining for the suit online. My suit is relatively new so if possible I'd like to avoid forking out for another one. I've typed in everything but I'm not really sure what to call it so I've been struggling to find it > . <

Cheers

2. ayrshiretkd

ayrshiretkd Valued Member

if it's an itf style uniform just search for 1 inch thick black satin ribbon on google or go into your nearest alteration shop. hope this helps

3. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

remnant kings.

4. tkd GU

tkd GU Valued Member

Use a sharpee! j/k. Sewing on black ribbon sounds good, but if I were you and had just got a new plain white uniform before reaching 1st black I'd probably give it away or sell it for cheap and get the all awesome black trimmed uniform for myself. Of course, my dan grade is in kukkiwon tkd and you can't exactly just sew on ribbon on the wtf style v-neck.

5. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Or Mandors then go down the hill and the wee alterations tailor in the Savoy centre will put it on for you for much cheapness.

6. paddy ska

paddy ska Valued Member

Is Remnant Kings still there? I thought that shut down donks ago. That's a handy hint for the Savoy though.....

7. Tiapan

Tiapan Valued Member

The ribbon you are looking for is called grosgrain ribbon.

8. adouglasmhor

1st floor in the Frazers building from either Buchanan St or Argyle St by the stone doorways not the shop ones.

9. adouglasmhor

Any I have seen are flat satin not crossgrain which is textured.

Crossgrain.
    [​IMG]

Satin
    [​IMG]

10. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

Nowt wrong with the bottom seen many an ITF dobok with the trim lookin like that.

11. adouglasmhor

That's waht I thought, I may not be a TKD guy but I know my fabrics. Used to sell menswear in the Men's wearhouse upstairs from where Remnant Kings is now.

Crossgrain and satin are the trad choices for tuxedo/dinner jacket trim.

12. locust

locust Like a biblical plague

Actually you can , i got a new dobok when i got to 3rd gup then put a black v neck on it after dan grading ( ok the alteration lady did it )

13. paddy ska

paddy ska Valued Member

Have I came into the wrong forum???

14. ayrshiretkd

ayrshiretkd Valued Member

stay tuned, i'm going to post a knitting pattern for a tkd christmas jumper very soon :)

15. PaFF

PaFF Valued Member

LOL

16. FiReSTaRT

FiReSTaRT Caffeine Junkie

I was planning on getting a federation approved yudan ja dobok once I pass my dan grading. However, I was thinking of this sort of an alteration for my jae ja dobok, so I can use it in training. I also dislike the wastefulness of having to have different uniforms at different stages.
    Actually my jae ja dobok is probably illegal for competition (especially tul) as it's 100% cotton and people have been known to starch those to rock-hardness as an audible compensation for poor technique.