19 year old master

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Shodai, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Shodai

Shodai Valued Member

age plays a big role!!!!! for example...challenging someone lol...thats a sign of imaturity!!! lmao...i would never think of challenging someone i think thats childish for one and for two martial arts is not about that...(chest puffing) if someone was questioning me i would be more freindly about it like "ok how about we train and tell me if i am not who i say i am".that to me is more of the martial way. that tells me people have alot of growing up to do!! just saying... and i never had any intentions of putting him on blast..i was really curious that how could someone be all this with at the age of 19 if he took it the wrong way..im sorry no disrespect intended..but age does play a huge role.

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Age before beauty /therefore I am a handsome old man :rolleyes:

I would like to note, that many venerable master of martial arts with the last two centuries were young. Interesting to note, that back then, age was a number without set limitations. A male at 19 back then was conisdered in their prime looking to be considered "old" by his 30's.

In 1933, at the age of 25, Grandmaster Ch'ang entered the fifth national Kua Shu Elimination Tournament in Nanking. This no holds barred competition involved over 1,000 participants and included masters in all major styles from all over China battling each other of supremacy in all-out combat. Grandmaster Ch'ang won all of his matches, including one over his archrival, Liu Chiou-Sheng, and emerged as the Heavyweight Grand Champion

Lam Cho started his training in the Chinese martial arts at age of 6. Along with kung fu, he also studied the traditional art of herbal healing and bone-setting. By the age of 16 he began to teach, at first as an instructor in Lam Saiwings' main school, the Lam Saiwing Martial Arts Association, as well as in the Southern Martial Arts Athletic Association, then later, as chief instructor for the Lam Saiwing Martial Arts Association, First Branch, with his kung fu training brother Dang Hinchoi managing the newly opened Lam Saiwing Martial Arts Association, Second Branch.

Lee Jun-fan/Bruce Lee; born 27 November 1940; created Jitkyùndou, (Jeet Kune Do) around 1967, around the age of 27.

Kanō Jigorō; born 28 October 1860; in May or June 1882, Kanō started the Kodokan dojo with twelve mats, in space belonging to the Eishō-ji , a Buddhist temple in what was then the ****aya ward of Tokyo around the age of 24.

Morihei Ueshiba; born 14, December 14, 1883. In the earlier years of his teaching, from the 1920s to the mid 1930s, Ueshiba taught the aiki-jūjutsu system he had earned a license in from Takeda Sokaku. Ueshiba received his kyoju dairi certificate, or teaching license, for the system from Takeda in 1922.

Masutatsu Oyama; born 27, 1923. In 1953 Oyama opened his own karate dojo, named Oyama Dojo, around the age of 30

A master at 19 could be considered a remarkable, but rare protege

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  3. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Yep no doubt. In fact I believe people's prime as a fighter is 19-26...and a teacher from then onwards. But this young man is not that person.

4. Shodai

Shodai Valued Member

matt highly highly agree i always tell people that....now that im older im way more of a better coach/trainer than the one stepping in the cage. i'm better at teaching and giving knowledge....matt you hit it on the nail