19 year old master

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Shodai, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Originally back in the mid-80s when SOCOM was formed the Marines didn't want any part of it. General Paul Kelley (Commandant at the time) was against the whole idea from exactly what you just said and wanted to keep FR a part of the MAGTF. 9/11 and General Hagee changed that and they had to revamp a lot of things so they tried Det-1 which worked and now we have MARSOC. Think of them as the Marine Raiders of the 21st century.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I have never seen a real life MARSOC guy. Hard to see ninjerz. A lot of people I know from the sniper community try out for it and fail the Pysch Eval though, make of that what you will . . . .

Definitely hear you on the "Special Forces Marines" though. There is an easy set of questions and prodding you can do to figure out if somebody is legit and what they actually did in service. I wasn't meaning to sound like I was correcting you on something with that last post if it was taken that way. I know a lot of people aren't aware the USMC has a section under SOCOM now, so I was just posting it for general information in hopes that you or somebody else might be interested to know if you haven't heard of it yet.

3. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I was a psychological operations weenie that go around so we got to be a part of USASOC but there's no way I was an operator. Most of our time was arguing with S-2 to get missions (so we could get out of meetings) and trying to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqis. Hardly Rambo stuff.

And making any Marine take a psych eval is just setting us up for failure.

I didn't take it that way too much. Don't worry. It's just one of my (many) hot buttons. Check out the Ron Collins fiasco if you missed that one on here. That was a hoot.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm always bewildered on how many special forces actually are out just training other forces. I'll admit I don't have a total grasp on how the inter workings of those under MARSOC go, but I hear a lot more about "training foreign military/operators" then I do about actual operating.

You and I sound like we would be a horrible combination of people to be having Starbucks together and spotting a "pretender" in uniform.

5. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I was just a Wing wienie. My idea of combat is to provide the parts for the birds so that some hot shot pilot can fly off and do his thing and keep the bad guys far away from me. I am happy to say I never ended up in a combat zone.

Do they still use the term REMF? (Rear Echelon ... well, I'll let you figure out the rest.)

:)

Even those who sit and type or drive a forklift also serve.

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Darn right brother. I finished out my last years in the military as an engineer and I had a blast being the one supporting others to improve FOBs/bases and morale. Building living quarters for guys to get out of the mud. Running electricity to those same quarters so guys can have lights and outlets. Makeshift showers to get them clean. Guard towers. Helicopter pads. Fighting positions. Field sinks. Workout stations. Makeshift toilets. You name it. If we had the materials and the time I'd hop on any job to help out our guys. I've paid out of pocket to have stuff shipped to me ASAP so we could do some tasks. Absolutely loved my job.

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Leather Necks

8. Shodai

Shodai Valued Member

dam i havent been on here for a few years this thread still going LMAO..wow

9. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

These things rarely disappear altogether, and people will occasionally search for themselves or their instructor to see how they are viewed online. If they don't see glowing reports, they'll often sign up to defend. As such, we've had a few new accounts getting stuck into this thread periodically, but for the most part it's just been dormant.

Did your friend see the light in the end?

10. Shodai

Shodai Valued Member

i see that.... ya i was reading on the previous post and seen that there were new accounts. and no he does not train with him anymore!!!!

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Got your legal side sorted?

Insurance?

Rule set?

Why not organise to meet on neutral ground?

If you want to do it then do it properly, expecting someone to turn up at your Dojo is daft but maybe that's why you have done it? Keep the home ground advantage and all that.

12. Dean Winchester

Oh I'm out if touch so maybe you could fill me in on your Ninpo and Jujutsu background?

Cheers.

ps your use of terminology is dubious at best, just so you know.

13. fistnfootway

fistnfootway New Member

lol i will see him one day

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  14. Dean Winchester

It's not about politics.

It's about integrity.

If you are teaching people and claiming certain things then you shouldn't have a problem with backing things up, it's very simple and doesn't require chest puffing.

You have a responsibility towards your students to be upfront and honest.

15. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

This is a discussion forum, for discussion.

Please don't hand out challenges here.

If you don't like what someone says, just argue your case.

Thanks.

16. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Hey fistnfootway - is this your letter below:

Well Here we go with all I know...

First of all you have to understand I come directly from the Koga Ryu and am not faking it! I have been in the martial arts since age 3! My father was the predocessor from his master in Japan who was 1 or 53 familys of the Koga! My father died when I was about 9. During this time I also studied with Grandmaster Greg Kieffer. A Muy Thai, Karate and Judo champ. After My father death I had to except my fathers teachings as my own and carry the family art on... To get a better understanding of my art did not come til later in life! So until then I took up United Karate System and urned my purple belt wile at the same time getting my Nidan in Yoshin ryu Jujitsu and SHo in Danzen ryu Jujitsu! I also studied Chung Fa and CHin na. Later I moved and then worked and got my Shodan in wado ryu karatedo and shodan in shotokan karate from a local YMCA. At about this time my Jujitsu Instructor left to go back to Japan. So then I had moved once more to a small town america type you know and well not tell my instructors I desided to teach my family martial arts and the others. My instructors got word and well do to politics took my certs away and said I had never trained with them! So I said so what! I'm still going to teach. I taught and my students still followed! We even had other karate instructors challenge me infront of my class and we would sparr without pads and I would still put them down! I did not care! I did this for my family and my art! I then went to a tournament and met a man named Shane Lear... He had been though what I had and took me in promoted me to sandan and later I met Grandmaster George Dillman and got promoted to Sandan. I am curently working on getting my Sandan in Isshin ryu karatedo, 1st degree in TKD and my Sandan in Judo. I have been working on getting my Brown black stripe in Arnis! I am also in the united states martial arts hall of fame 2009. I am in DKI LOOK ME UP!
    And I am a 2x BBGC and I have many Jiujitsu medals and martial arts medal period! I teach traditional Japanese Jujitsu when I roll! I didn't learn on mats I was shown on concret and grass (If are instuctor was in a good mood). When we were taught to go to the ground we went with the intenchion when I stand up YOU WILL NOT! I went to recently 2 Jiujitsu comps and they thru me in with 3 Brown belt in BJJ. I have to addmit its fun to roll! I like it but, you cant roll in a bar or on the street and if you do its gotta be quick! cause if not your gettn ur ass kicks and whipped by 3 other guys! And even the Gracies will say one guy at a time is fine but you don't see them with 4 guys on the ground! PERIOD! Well Ur gunna be suprised but I want you to guess my age...

Maybe ur thinkn 30's right

Maybe 35 right

Try 19yrs old. And I can tell you this... I don't mean to affend anyone I love all martial arts and I belive they all have a place but any instuctor can make a cert and buy a belt... Anyone can tell me that they are an amazing son of somthn but I don't like be to talk until they roll on the mat. I don't look for them to win... I look for tecnique that tells me where you are at... PERIOD! I am no bad ass! I am the quite guy in the back of room waiting and watching while people play on the mat and talk. That's how I've been taught. I don't do polics either! Master can talk all they want and bicker. I can't waste my time like that I have training to be doing!

Well if you want I can send you picks or stuff of me training with students or whatever. I've met and trained with people like Frank Dux Grandmaster Jerry. Ive been around! And if you want that bob of what ever let me know I get gear cheep! You would pay 200.00 for a good bag when I get it for 60.00!

Well keep rolln and kickn,
    Daniel Young

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  17. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

And if you're not willing to stand by what you say, don't post it.

Mitch

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I cannot understand why you would boast about training with Dux and Dillman in the same letter...not even Charmin can absorb so much crap in one go

19. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

what's the date of this letter?

if it's current, why is he still 19 years old after two years?

20. mattt

mattt Valued Member

It's not current it's from a couple of years ago.