Death by groin attack?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Kibbles, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

I know this is an odd topic but curiosity almost always gets the better of me.

I've read in books and somewhere online that a strike to the groin can be fatal. I don't question that a strike to the groin is immediately incapacitating. I can't see how it would kill someone though. This is not to say that I don't think it would kill someone, just that I don't see the physical basis behind this as compared to a strike to the skull, compression of the heart, or crushing the throat and such.

Does anyone know how this works?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

you can break the symphysis pubis and cause internal bleeding, if memory serves.

3. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

iv always been told this was possible too if the impact was strong enough , it would be interesting to know the physicality behind it.

4. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

get rid of the troll before it even starts please mods

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

OH OH I KNOW!!!!! **raises hand**

After 30 years in the medical field... What the physical process is; its not just the symphasis pubis, its the structure of the pelvis itself. In emergency medicine there is no such thing a 'simple' fractured pelvis. The problem lies in that if you're in an accident (such as being run over by a bus or punched by Slip) that is bad enough to fracture the pelvis, all kinds of nasty shards of bone get thrown about the pelvic region. What else is in the pelvic region you might ask??? Lots of very large arteries going down into the legs.

And say if one of those icky shards decides to poke an artery like two flyweight boxers, you can bleed out in a matter of 30-40 seconds. ANY pelvic wing fracture is treated as potentially life threatening in an ER situation until they know the fracture is stable.

Thank you for your attention, you may resume trolling if you wish....AND

Let the groin attack jokes begin...

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuqqx6SCMAU"]YouTube - Taekwondo Sucks[/ame]

3:30

behold

7. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

Okay, that answers that.

LOL

8. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

me ?

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

That is what all you filthy un-kicking Shotocan't monkeys should be aiming for.

10. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Though I don't know the physiology behind it (thanks Kwajman), I can confirm that it can be fatal. We have a fallen officers memorial board and one of our own officers died after a suspect kicked him in the groin.

11. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIvqiGxmLjw"]YouTube - Hilarious Bloopers- Nut Shots[/ame]

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Every time I see the last one, I always wonder what the guy did to **** her off.

13. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Yeah. She doesn'y look at all suprised or shocked!