Hip poping when half cresent

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by slacker, Feb 28, 2009.

1. slacker

slacker Valued Member

When doing half cresents with my left leg, towards the end of movement, when i'm putting my foot back on the ground my hip pops.

Its not always painful, but you can hear it quite well.

I had a session with a personal trainer who evaluated me and is guiding me on opening up my hip to achieve more flexibility and he said i am very tight.

2. PCG82

PCG82 Valued Member

I get something similar with my hip when abducting my hip, any body got any idea whats goin' on?

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Increased flexibility enhances the leverage of the joint's bones, causing greater frequency in popping or clicking. If painless, and followed by the feeling of release of tension, then it is harmless. The cracking sound can result from gas dissolving out of synovial fluid in the joint, a ligament or tendon catching on and then slipping over a bony prominence, muscle tightness or degenerative disorders such as osteoarthritis.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

What if it's painful and can take hours to get back in?

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

The nature of noises in the joints is best determined by a qualified physician. A common cause of painful snapping sounds from the hip may be caused by the iliofemoral ligament moving over the head of the femur during either hip flexion or abduction. The ligament can become enflamed, leading to a number of disorders such as bursitis. If frequent pain occurs, get it checked out.