Eyes - Allergies?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Boogz, May 16, 2006.

1. Boogz

Boogz New Member

Well, this forum does say "general health information," so here it goes...

I've been noticing that my scleras, when I go outside, often get red (not blood shot red) and I feel as if there's something on the top of my eyes when I close my eyelids. Also, my eyelids don't open all of the way sometimes, and it's annoying, when talking to someone, to have your eyelids not open all of the way. Also, my eyes burn when I close my eyelids.

This happens when I go outside. If I stay in the house all of the day, all that I've explained happens to my eyes, does not happen.

I'm aware that these are martial arts forums, but what do you think? :)

Oh, and I am going to the eye doctor; actually this Wednesday I'm going. Just wanted to see what you guys think. :D

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  2. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

try an over the counter allergy eye drop or suck it up and go to the doc :D

3. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

It could be allergies to something in the air or bufferitis.

4. MikeMartial

MikeMartial Lean and Mean

This time of year, I get the exact same symptoms. For most of spring season, I have to resort to a daytime antihistamine (any brand, currently using Chlor-Tripolon) and sometimes a nightime antihistamine (generic Benadryl). For whatever reason, this season allergy didn't start until i was in my late 20's.

Since my allergies seem to be isolated to my eyes, I've also had some success with OTC allergy eye drops.

5. Beowolf

Beowolf Valued Member

...Doctor. Seriously, I wouldn't try to self-diagnos... or forum-diagnos for that matter ;) .

Trust doctors. They be smart people.