Herbs that work better than Steroids

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by DSDbronson, Nov 12, 2005.

?

Would you go "Natural" if herbs work better than steroids?

1. Yes, how much for an OZ

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No, I have better things to do

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSDbronson

DSDbronson Master of Sports & Women

There are some big oriental people but as a whole they're pretty small and skinny. If they do find the herb that works better than steroids are you going to be on it. Would you go natural? It'll probably end up being a whole diet with some herbs to supplement it. While we're at it I'm wondering what the best herbs for Muscle Recovery and Energy and Metabolism are and if anybody takes herbs over supplements.

For the poll, let's just say a very safe and healthy diet of herbs from the time of the earliest kung fu, wrestling, that gets you big and strong is rediscovered. It even makes your vitamin P pure. Would you go on this diet or just continue using all the other tricks like weights and multivitamins and protein?

Another question. Who really wins a fight naturally, the guy who's never trained or fought once in his life?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

It's a shame there's no "It depends on the side-effects". As far as I'm concerned, whether something is natural or not is irrelevant next to what effect it has on you. I'm all for taking things that help with training, but not at the detriment of my overall or long-term health.

Food for thought: sterilised water is not natural, deadly nightshade is.

3. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can try smoking weed? that’ll make you eat like there’s no tomorrow haha.
    I still do not get this distinction between "natural" and non-natural.
    What's the difference? Everything is chemical compound one way or another.
    For example, would C-vitamin you extracted from tomato differ from c-vitamin made in lab? NO same compound.
    lol off topic a little.

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

it's a fine line between naturaland non-natural, in food production if you want to use a natural chemical compound it needs to be derived from an organic source, so if you wanted sodium nitrate it would need to come from a natural source, whereas the same chemical could be derived cheaper by creating it as a chemical. There's no advantage to getting it from a natural supply, other than people like to read no artificial ingredients on the pack.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

What a silly way to start a thread. :D

Have you been to China? What about anywhere else in Asia? What you're spouting is nothing more than a silly stereotype. I've lived in mainland China and still go there on many occasions. The further north you head the bigger they get. :D I'm 6'2" and I see guys all the time that not only are taller but also weigh more. There as some massive Pakistani's... not to mention Mongolians.. the list can go on and on.

Haven't got to 'go natural' - I already am.

6. DSDbronson

Silliness everywhere. Yeah, I guess I'm just basing my opinion on movies, tv, MMA fights, jet li, bruce lee and the fact that their styles of fighting are pretty much all based on beating bigger & stronger opponents. That and the size of the people from the far east over here. You said "go up into the mountains and you'll find the bigguns"? I know about stereotypes. People think I'm a monster and I'm not. It's like Yao Ming and the 7'6" guy from the far east every year that wants to make the draft but can't because a lack of speed and coordination. Slanted eyes aren't just from staring up at everybody into the sun. There's a real reason they're small. The further north? Is that why the South Vietnamese wouldn't defend themselves against the north? j/k I'm having a few laughs. Why'd you have to go there with silly and stereotypes though. I'm betting most people haven't seen the big far easterners you're talking about though. But seriously, they get pretty big?

I even said, "There are some big oriental people but as a whole they're pretty small and skinny". Maybe, there are more than most of us know about. How many and how big are you talking about here. The point was little guys using herbs to get strong for Judo throws or the original Kung Fu wrestling stuff. Still makes sense to me.

7. JKD_forever

that ok but has nothing to do with what i said. I'm talking about consumers viewpoint. sodium nitrate is sodioum nitrate.

8. slipthejab

Basing opinions on movies and TV might be the first place to put your stereotyping in check. :D

Brilliant use of terms. You want people to take you seriously eh? :confused:

ermm.. that would be?
    Was that supposed to be funny... or even relevant? :confused:
    Not only was it not funny but it's a bit ignorant of history as well. :bang:
    You're on a roll today.

The silly stereotypes were yours... don't pawn that credit off on anyone else.

And there will be, buit it requires that you base your opinions on more than just Bruce Lee and movies.

Do they? :confused: What herbs? :confused: And what kind of 'original Kung Fu wrestling' are you talking about? :confused: What Judoka uses herbs to get stronger? :confused: Do you have any idea of what your talking about? :confused:

Not surprisingly. Your first post was chock full of stereotypes and your second post was full of slag, stereotypes and misinformation. So your simply playing the same sorry tune. :bang:

9. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

I find it an interesting debate--we have a few of the reps that like to argue that the body can't recognize a synthetically created vitamin vs a whole food vitamin. Both sides love to bring out their charts and studies, etc etc

10. DSDbronson

Ahhh, you're kidding me. I don't know if I even want to reply to THE GUY THAT READS ONE LINE AND MAKES A WHOLE POST OUT OF IT WITHOUT READING THE NEXT LINE. Far Easterners are all over the place not just the north and south. Who has actually seen big far easterners for themselves but you(THE ACTUAL POINT). And as far as movies go, if they're so worried about small "stereotypes" why don't they put some bigguns in "their" movies. That's right, movies made by far easterners for far esterners with far eastern actors. Do they just make their movies in the south? I'm sorry, but you just look funny right now. All I said was bring the proof and I'll eat the pudding.

11. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I'm soooo not voting :bang:

12. slipthejab

Hmmm.... you didn't (or couldn't) answer any of the questions I've asked.
    Wonder why that is? :confused:

I didn't think this was ever in question. It's obvious. Why bother to post it?

LOL!:D Jeez, are you really that clueless? In that case I'd have to ask the inverse. Who has never seen a 'big far easterner' except for you? :D :confused:

I don't think 'they' are so worried about small stereotypes. Who 'they' put in films wasn't the issue really was it? The issue was you basing your silly assumptions about the size of people based on what you've seen on TV and in films. :D Hardly the best source to be using for racial profiling. :eek:

What movies are you talking about? Can you name some directors or some titles. I think you might be surprised to find that most Kung Fu movies and the like are not made in the 'Far East'... but hey knock yourself out... your amusing.

Can you answer any of the questions I've posted regarding your absured assertions or is it a case of loose lips with nothing to back up the rubbish assertions they're spewing? :D :confused:

* sound of crickets....

13. slipthejab

* crickets still chirping.....

14. DSDbronson

You don't think your comments deserve a reply. Why should I? I think your comments are funny all by themselves. You're right, there are 6'3" far easterners running around all over the place and an East meets West conspiracy to keep them out of all films. I make what you say make sense which is tough. Just don't say anything else unless you have any kind of proof to back up what you said. I'm tired of this jibberjabber of yours. Back up whatever it is you were going to say or just stop confusing yourself further. You realize, now, I can't condone your reality by answering questions that only exist in your head, right?

15. slipthejab

?
    Go back and read what you've posted. And then go back and read my questions that directly correspond to what you've posted. The questions not only exist in my head (LOL!) but also in this forum and on this thread in particular.

You are having trouble to answer the questions perhaps because you can't. Don't try to pan that off as jibber-jabber. When you post non sequiters left right and center and try to back it up with random inaccurate historical falacies then what did you really expect to happen.

I've asked you what form of Kung Fu wrestling your referring to..

No reply.

I've asked you what Judoka's are taking herbs to increase strength...

No reply.

I've asked what 'far east' films your referring to....

No reply.

Noticing a trend here? :D

You posted tripe... not me. Then you get your panties bunched when someone asks you questions regarding what you've posted. Your post's have been not only misinformed but as racist as they are clueless.

Quit while your ahead. :bang:

16. JKD_forever

I agree blessed_s, opinion are weak statement if not supported by facts. Actually they are not statements at all. Nevermind.

Well I was really intrigued by my own statement that natural vitamin C is same as synthetically produced vitamin – C.
    I still believe that P = P no matter how produced. However, there are some points that need to be clarified, and as you will see, my statement about tomatoes wasn’t entirely true.

“In Nature not only does every living thing have a purpose but its juice (an extract is made) displays a definite PATTERN in a chromatogram, whether it be a grain of wheat, a drop of milk, an apple, egg or blade of grass, the fresher the prod-uct the greater the biological activity and the more prominent the enzyme formations. But an inorganic mineral, chemical or synthetic vitamin show only varied colored rings but no definite pattern, for they are inert. The Chromatograms show that Nature does SOMETHING that man cannot duplicate. Even when the chemical analysis is identical, that SOMETHING IS STILL THERE.” (1)

Now take a look at first picture of B-vitamin:

“Complete synthetic Vitamin B complex -- mixture of known parts. Notice complete absence of spike like enzyme formations and biological intrinsic factors."

Looks alright I guess. Now look at second picture of natural B-vitamin:
    "Thin outer rim, long jagged teeth indicate intrinsic factors, good protein & strong enzyme activity."

What the? How can this be? Isn’t this cool or I just love chemistry too much? If the chemical analysis of two elements is same, ie. gives same molecular formula and shows same properties , then why are these pictures of chromatography different?

Then I found this.

“Research indicates that synthetic vitamins may actually cause nutritional deficiencies. When you take a synthetic vitamin, it needs the co-factors normally found in the whole food, in order to complete its action. If they are not in the foods you eat, it will draw the co-factors from your body. You may feel good for a while but when the co-factors run out, you will begin to feel worse. Take Vitamin C, for example: The FDA has allowed ascorbic acid to be called Vitamin C. Ascorbic acid, however, is the anti-oxidant protector of the Vitamin C complex, much like the eggshell that protects the egg. The C complex consists of Vitamin P, J and K. Most people have not even heard of vitamins P or J. Vitamin J carries the oxygen and vitamin P is the anti-fragility factor.”

Lol, vitamin P and J? Had no idea.

“Synthetic vitamins are 1/5 as potent in the human body as truly natural vitamin E. So you need to take 5 times as much and then your liver must deal with the side effects of the synthetic properties.”

I’ll stick to fruits thank you.

So, I guess, my point is still valid, abstractly speaking. But fact remains that there is a lot more about those vitamin complexes and other things that makes simple reproduction quite impossible, at least for now.

Err, sorry about long post.

Reference
    (1) http://www.galaxynutrients.com/Difference.html
    (2) http://www.greatestherbsonearth.com/articles/natural_vs_synthetic.html

Attached Files:

17. Vita

Vita Valued Member

a friend of mine was 100% korean, and was taller and bigger than me (i'm 6', 165), and that's in the states.

all i can say is WOW, just WOW.

i can't even read any more jibberish. i wanted to ignore this, but all i can say is WOW...

18. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

If there was an herb that improved my fitness level without any negative side-effects, of course I would take it.

19. slipthejab

A classic case of a thread that could have been good if it wasn't a large chunk on nonsense in the original post - that is supposed to come off as style and attitude but only comes of as dumb.

What can you really say? It's not surpising the world is often small to people who've never left the hem of their mothers apron. :D

WOW is not the word I had in mind. But who needs to get sin binned? :D

20. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

movies...if that was a good basis for the size of a population, i guess whites are small too.....tom cruz, sly stalone, etc. ...all of hollywood is small.

really though....i have been to the far east,(korea, japan, thailand)...and while alot of them are small. keep inmind that they are big and diverese populations......bound to have large genetic variences and extremmes as far as short and tall.

in korea i have noticed that alot of the older people are shorter, and the younger people are way taller. i think this is cause there has been a huge improvement in standard of living and nutrition in the last 30 years....but this is pure speculation.

well really im just kidding
    they are all
    short, thin, study engenering or computers, know martial arts and carry around cameras

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.