Zuffa filed suit against couture

Discussion in 'MMA' started by mkiv, Jan 15, 2008.

1. mkiv

mkiv Valued Member

Taken from http://www.lvrj.com/sports/13794082.html

2. shift

shift Valued Member

WOW...this is getting uglier by the minute.

3. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I saw this one coming months ago.

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Lawyers . . . :rolleyes: :p :D

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Let's be realistic...

THE singularly most popular fighter in Dana's stable suddenly ups and "retires", again, with two fights left. He bitches about salary, which, when released by Zuffa, shows that's not really the reason as he's made a load of cash. We all know he wants Fedor, and he ain't gonna get him in the UFC, he needs to go to M1. Now he;s got a stable of fighters in the IFL, a pseudo-rival league to the UFC, AND one of his fighters is an American Gladiator. He has his own bigass gym in LA which fighters and coaches are flocking to.

Did anyone really think Dana White was gonna take this without lube?? C'mon.

6. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Aaah well. The really nasty ugliness had to start sooner or later. I can wish this would be settled quietly and amicably, as that would actually be better for all involved; the sport, the ufc, and Coture as well; but we know that's not going to happen. This lot won't be satisfied untill they've dragged all their names through the mud three times over. Come on guys, grow up, make nice, and don't compromise the gains in popularity the sport has made for some crappy squabble. This kind of press just isn't good in any way for anyone. Someone here has to be the bigger man, unfortunetly it looks like neither side is up to it.

7. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Sad thing is, I'm not sure who to root for in all of this.

I generally dislike Dana White for any number of reasons, but he's legally in the right. Randy is in breach of contract. Dana could let him just go without a lawsuit, but there goes one of his biggest moneymakers. If I were Dana, I'd be suing as well. Just typing that makes my skin crawl.

I really like Randy. But he should know he can't just walk away. Would it kill him to just get two fights in the next year over and done and then walk away? Y'know, the classy thing? Fine he wants Fedor, fine no one in the UFC is good enough for him anymore 'cuz he's beaten them all time and time again. But you don;t just walk away from your obligations because you wanna fihgt someone not in the UFC. And you sure as hell don't go out of your way to sponsor and train a slew of non-UFC fighters for a rival league!

8. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

To be fair, he should want to fight Nog at least if nobody else. I can't see him not wanting to fight CroCop either, even though he's been less than steller since his debut.

9. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

But I know I would pay money to see both of those fights. Boom, then Dana gets his cash and Randy is done with his contract. And we get to see two more PRIDE guys up agians the best the UFC has to offer. Win/Win.

10. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

damn for once I actually agree with domino. I would pay to see randy fight crocop or nogueira anyday.