zombie training

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by orcslayer, Aug 1, 2006.

1. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

haha just goes to show that stupid questions get stupid answers... it's a shame you're a zombie though. I think you better hide, who knows what all these experienced zombie killers might do to you :p

2. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

I think it is safe to say that ground fighting is a bad idea for battling the army of the undead.

3. marcusknight

marcusknight Valued Member

i live with the uber zombie, but my mother forces me to introduce her as my sister to hide her identity, im sure my ma's could kick her ass^_^

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I've never had a problem with zombies since I got a giant squid for a pet. I just set him on 'em.

(The only snag being that I have to swim everywhere.)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  5. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

you know that if you find a green, red and yellow heard, combine them, then it actually increases overall vitality?

6. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

Jesus, what's wrong with you people :|?

Everyone knows the best way to kill Zombies is to kill the one who reanimated their skeletons!

Damn mortals, I swear...

7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

don't you guys know anything?

the 2 best ways to deal with a zombie is:

a spade to the head,

or a lawn mower for multiple opponents.

8. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

9. tolchocker

tolchocker Skittles!

hmmmm im suprised this hasnt already been said but....

ATOM BOMB!!

10. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Everyone knows the only way to kill a zombie is to blow it's head off. Therefore, with it's fast, head-high kicking ability, Taekwondo is blatantly the obvious choice for the number one zombie-defence system. It would go a little something like this:

Attached Files:

11. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

The best way to train a zombie not to bite you is to bite it on the ear. It'll stop once it knows you're the boss.

12. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

BJJ for t3h win!

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Grappling with a zombie would be highly inadvisable. It's one area where a stand-up art is essential. (But be wary with headshots.)

14. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

yeah zombie always win when it goes to the ground.

15. Slindsay

Zombies are grapplers, grapplers always beat strikers, ergo you have to grapple with the zombie to win. Basically you need good escapes and decent stand up throws so you can escape and come back with a gun (Or more ammo if you've just run out).

16. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

I think the question on everyone's mind right now is:

How many zombies could <fighter X> take on at once?

Yeah, we know; Chuck Norris could take ALL of them...

17. Dyno

Dyno Valued Member

Nah, Zombies aren't grapplers, they're biters. A zombie's hardly going to try for an armbar when attacking you now, is it? :p If you took a zombie to the ground you'd get bitten. Best way to kill a zombie is at distance, with a stealth weapon such as a bow/crossbow or silenced rifle.

Haven't any of you read the Zombie Survival Guide? SHEESH! ;)

18. Slindsay

Same misconception over and over.

We're not talking about taking a Zombie to the ground, we're talking about avoiding a take down and escaping from upright grappling in order to run away, it doesn't matter how good you are at killing A zombie with your Martial Art because theres going to be hundreds of them. Don't let them get hold of you and run away, come back with a gun.

19. tkdkyle

tkdkyle New Member

I have read that book also. It was an eye opener when it comes to the ever present danger of zombies.

20. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Slindsay,

I'm not normally into the whole 'grappling v. stand-up' debate, but I've got to disagree with you on this one.

You simply cannot afford to let a zombie get into biting range - it's too risky.
    You have to fight them from long range.

Or better still, let someone else fight them. ;)