Zambidi vs. Buakaw 4th FEB Predictions?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by CKava, Feb 1, 2006.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2006.
  1. Zambidi by Decision.

8.3%
  2. Zambidi by KO.

16.7%
  3. Buakaw by Decision.

66.7%
  4. Buakaw by KO.

8.3%
  1. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Zambidis vs. Buakaw 4th FEB Predictions?

Well watching the highlight Ikken posted just reminded me that Buakaw and Zambidis are fighting in a couple of days. So do what people think is going to happen?

The new (silly) clinch rules are going to make this a harder fight for Buakaw but personally I still think he's going to win this one possibly on points though and presuming he doesn't get caught cleanly early on with one of Zambidis' power hooks. Place your bets now :).

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

zambidis can never be counted out of any fight because of his insane power. i dont think there is anyone in the k-1 max division that he couldnt knock out with on really clean hook or overhand (like what he did to KID)

if it goes the distance im betting buakaw though, he has better stamina and work rate. I cant see buakaw knockimg zambidis out, especially not now they gimped his clinch.

3. kumikaze

kumikaze valved ember

Buakaw will pwn that little chimp to pieces, mark my words.

4. K1Mike

K1Mike New Member

Zambo by KO round 2.

5. CKava

You didn't vote for that though Mike...

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I'm gonna have to stick with Buakaw on this one.

I was at Jocky Gym in Bangkok recently and I got watch Buakaw work the pads and the bags... he's got insane power himself... his technique is brilliant... I shot him from the ring apron while he was working the pads... and he was hitting them soooo loud that my ears were literally ringing!!!! :eek:

Either way it's looks to be a good match.

Buakaw definitely will have the reach on Zambidis but... if Zambidis get's inside Buakaw could have some hurtin' layed on him... as Ikken saliently pointed out... his match against Kid show's that his punches are heavy enough to put people to sleep. :eek: He a hard and handy nut so I think we can expect him to crowd Buakaw and look for an opening to get inside and unleash a flurry of fisty combos. :D

I don't really have a lot of respect for the Japanese judges... they're known for some incredibly **** poor decisions. So I don't hold out hope that they're going to all of a sudden be on the up and up for this match. :rolleyes:

I'm goin' with Buakaw! :D

7. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

Buakaw by decision. Although K-1 took away his clinch (why?!!) he's still a very dominating fighter who never runs out of steam and has such control over any situation it's very difficult to keep him from imposing his will. However, if any fighter can break Buakaw's grip, Zambidis and his raw explosiveness can.

This will be a war

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I'm going to say Buakaw by decision. Probably a toss-up though.

Anybody know if it'll be televised in the States?

9. Jahk Nah Rai

Jahk Nah Rai Valued Member

Buakaw, sorry Zambidis

10. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Tough one this, but my first bet would be with Zambidis by KO. If he gets on the inside and lands a sweet one on Buakaw, it's over.

If Zamb doesn't win by KO then i think Buakaw will win by decision though.

11. CKava

The results are in...

Winner Buakaw Por Paramuk by DECISION :).

12. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

AWESOME fight too. buakaw wrote the book on shutting down zambos punches

13. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Ikken, how did you watch the fight?

Got a link for that website with all the K-1 videos on it? (whether it's on it or not)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  14. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Daddy Slip don't tell no lies!

Yeah baby... the chocolate warrior is all good. Read and weep you Greek midget!
    :p

15. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

16. CKava

Just watched the fight and Ikken's right Buakaw dominated. Taking out the clinch is such a silly rule though, a couple of times at the end Buakaw looked like he was just itching to start throwing knees when Zambidi came in and grabbed but instead he had to just throw Zambidi down... silly K1. Nice fight though!

17. Jahk Nah Rai

Jahk Nah Rai Valued Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  18. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I think Buakaw played his game very well. He was able to keep Zambidi away from doing serious damage with his punches. . . . .

I also concur that taking out the clinch is stupid and pointless. They can still kick and punch. . . . . . .