Z-Day Plans and Preparations#2: Close Combat with Zombies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by StevieB8363, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Though subtlety wouldn't be its strong point, with this combination you can not only kill zombies in a brutal fashion but also play some mean riffs at the same time.

[​IMG]

2. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

"I've heard there was a sacred chord, that David played and it pleased the lord"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQG7dZUnNLs&feature=related"]"I've heard there was a sacred chord, that David played and it pleased the lord"[/ame]

Surely then there is also an unholy riff that explodes zombie heads!...Surely

3. StevieB8363

StevieB8363 Valued Member

Nice suit! I'd be wanting something besides the shovel though.

4. finite monkey

Mate!,,,call a spade a spade ;]

besides I prefer to call her the LOBOTOMIZER!!

Knee strike for the takedown, boot to chest, straight through the coconut!!!(I dont get out much)

5. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

My zombie weapon: Fit in

[​IMG]

And then wait til they all die from hunger

6. StevieB8363

A good plan - it was done in The Walking Dead using blood from a dead zombie - but waiting till they all die could take decades according to Umbrella Corp research.

It's a valid point though. When Z-Day comes, you may have to evacuate through hordes of zombies. Being able to blend in would be far better than fighting your way out. Good call Jax.

7. finite monkey

I have a few thought on zombie longevity

In a dry/hot climate dessication would take place pretty fast. A dry zombie is immobilized and way less of a threat

Places where there are hard winters the Zeds will freeze up allowing for trouble free destruction. Herding the undead into industrial freezers may be an effective tactic

Sheer wear and tear on a body with no pain respons (see leprosy), would be intense and most bodies would become inopperative after a relatively short period of shambling around, having bits fall off or removed

8. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

My weapon of choice would be records so that i can do this:

Kind of NSFW

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLquz4Iz-30&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active"]Record Toss - Shaun of the Dead (4/8) Movie CLIP (2004) HD - YouTube[/ame]

9. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

10. JaxMMA

In case it takes decades for them to die, blending in would still be useful until you can get to safety - rather than fighting 100's of undead.

Unless you have Milla Jovovic on your side :woo:

11. finite monkey

^^^

Blending in STINKS!

And think of the increased risk of contamination if you drape rotting guts over yourself (a la Walking Dead)...all those scratches and abbrasions.

Also, as Bill Murray found out, dont pull any practical jokes whilst blending in

12. JaxMMA

Just blend in long enough to secure adequate amounts of Twinkies!

13. StevieB8363

Yeah, blending in will be stinky, but safe - provided you have adequate protection against the zombie-slop you're covered in.

For some reason Milla won't return my calls! It seems I'll be on my own for the zombie apocalypse.

14. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class