Z-Day Plans and Preparations#2: Close Combat with Zombies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by StevieB8363, Nov 6, 2011.

1. StevieB8363

StevieB8363 Valued Member

Actually you're right. It was after the big zombie attack - why wasn't anyone on lookout? That's why blondie wanted to die in the CDC bunker.

Anyway, point was that being nice doesn't work! Zombies are zombies are zombies. Headshots all round!

Sidenote: Daryl is one of their best assets. He can hunt, track, fight and he's the least fazed of any of them. He's even starting to show a little sensitivity. Let's hope his testicles of steel don't go rusty...

Brad on the other hand is a wild card. He's going to create problems. I predict Daryl will have to take him out because Rick won't be able to. (Pussy.)

[Edit: I mean Shane.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Sharks that eat Zs die, Crocs don't eat them.

If you get bitten and escape you are infected and become a Z, if you do not escape you are scoffed before becoming a Z.

Also as Zombies crave brains many Aussies are naturally immune to their attacks.

3. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

This is an obvious essential during the brain eaters parade.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i240YgsA_rs"]Slingshot Zombiehammer with Skull Ejector - YouTube[/ame]

4. StevieB8363

Thanks mate! that was cool! I love that someone else is taking the zombie threat seriously to the point of developing anti-zombie weapons.

I toyed with the idea of a similar device (not built because it would be a prohibited weapon) but using a splash guard behind the spike and a spring-loaded extractor. The idea was that it would not only extract the spike but (hopefully) rebound the "Zombie Hammer" to some degree - thus saving effort and allowing faster striking.

That "Slingshot Channel" is fun. He also has a slingshot that fires machetes, or wooden stakes for anti-vampire work.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  5. rurounidragon

rurounidragon Valued Member

[​IMG]

goal build this:woo:

6. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANn86IWvYY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANn86IWvYY[/ame]

and

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDfvatn2-zc&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDfvatn2-zc&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/ame]

I favour blunt weopons over edged. Safer, easier to use without training, easier to maintain. A pick handle is my weopon of choice as it can also be used to dig holes. Try digging holes with your katana!

7. StevieB8363

I've seen the Zombie-proof house before, should have posted it myself.

I'm not a fan of the chainsaw though. If it kicks back it will injure you badly. Besides which it's too heavy to wave around for long.

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Not to mention the noise basically nullifies any chance to be stealthy.

9. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

10. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I think a thrusting sword based off the WASP compressed air diver's knife would be an awesome zombie slaying weapon. Nothing like stabbing into something and releasing a big burst of CO2 inside of them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_NC-_fvKs"]WASP Injection Knife vs. Watermelon - YouTube[/ame]

11. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Tools like that were often the weapon of choice in hand-to-hand fighting in the trenches, because they were far more practical than a rifle-plus-bayonet for fighting in confined spaces. (Plus they used all kinds of improvised clubs, blackjacks etc.)

Of course that was for fighting Germans rather than Zombies, but the principles are basically the same.

13. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Fun fact: If the zombies are German, E-tools will do critical damage.

Now's the time for a shout out to my favorite game, Castle Wolfenstein.

[​IMG]

The Corpsman hatchet was also a popular weapon back in the day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  14. StevieB8363

Fun, but wouldn't stop a zombie unless you stuck it in their head - in which case the CO2 is largely redundant. Plus limited use because of cartridge requirement.

The E-tool is indeed a viable option, but a machete would be lighter and provide more cutting edge. Still, since your Z-day kit should include a shovel anyway, you might as well have one with offensive capability.

15. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

When it releases a cartridge, it releases a cubic foot of compressed air into its targets which displaces internal organs and all sorts of unpleasant things. If they're the type of zombie that can also be killed by a shot to the heart, this could work extremely well. Their main function is to kill sharks, so I would think a zombified human being shouldn't be too difficult. Maybe rather than using individual cartridges, you could work something out with an industrial hose and a backpack or similar carrying device.

16. finite monkey

I watched Zombie Land for the first time the other day. Very funny.
    Have good cardio and makee sure you hang out with lots of unfit people

17. StevieB8363

Only type 2B zombie types can be killed by a shot to the heart, since "Rage Zombies" aren't actually dead. All others will survive even total destruction of their organs, provided they have a lump of grey matter connected to their limbs.

A compressed air cylinder would be a good way of getting multiple shots, but since you need a headshot anyway a pneumatic extendable-baton arrangement would be a better option. (Like a bolt-gun, but longer.) You might as well modify a paintball gun to shoot lead/steel balls. Would work at close range, and at long range you aren't getting a headshot anyway.

Anyone here familiar with paintball guns?

18. finite monkey

Nicotene spray...to supress appetites?

19. StevieB8363

I don't normally do this but...

LOL!

20. finite monkey

[​IMG]

I am ready!