you've got question, we've got answers.

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by togakure_ninpo, Feb 15, 2004.

1. togakure_ninpo

togakure_ninpo New Member

sorry for posting so much. in the "newbies posting on ninjutsu, please read this", it says not to be afraid to ask a question, but it seems like I'm filling up the entire board with my threads.

anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me straight out if Sato Ryu Ninjutsu is real. they claim to be a Kogo Ryu. I'm aware or Rick tew, Ashida Kim, Ronald Dux, etc... and just wanted to know if it is historically a ninjutsu ryu, and if the headmaster is for real. this is mostly a question directed twords kurohana, but anyone who might know, I would love to hear from.

http://www.satoryuninjutsu.com/

2. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

You can never really be sure of the authenticity of any of these ninpo schools. I'm pretty sure on this forum atleast everyone will say go for Bujinkan Genbukan or the J one i can't think of right now. Somebody can say that one.

3. Kalifallen

Kalifallen looking for partner

Sato Ryu...
    I'd try writting to them. Word of mouth is the best way to go.
    Still, it seems like a Japanese art of Koga. I mean the guy who teaches it is suppose to be a Soke. Still, if you don't live where it is located then you will either have to go their and learn it or do a home study course. Either way, it is trying (hard).

4. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

????

??? Head Soke Organization of Japan and China? Soke "Kenneth" Sato? Reading this site just gives me more questions. Ones that I'm too busy with training to ask. Sorry, but if I seem a little biased, I am. Takamatsudan Ninpo Arts, are to my knowledge the only ones that can be traced back and still viable. Teachings handed down, scrolls still in existence. The scrolls are there, if you can read Japanese and "Old" Japanese at that.
    Sorry, but I have heard tthe "rumors" about Koga Ryu, which Sato Ryu is supposed to be affiliated with. Koga died out a long time ago, but isn't it convenient how it crops up as a "secret" art, as taught to "Special Forces and Law Enforcement". Another of those "We're so secret we can't give out names".
    Sorry if I sound cynical, but I am.
    As for asking questions, by all means, ask as many as you want. I just ask that you research previous posts first. If you have a fresh question or fresh outlook on something, great! If you need clarification, that's great too. What I, and I suspect many others, are tired of are the Frank Dux, Ninja-To, Black vs Blue Gi types of questions. The answers (at least ours) are there to be found.

5. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

I was look at their site, and I see ther call their Dojo "Bufakan Dojo". This sounded familiar. then I remember, it was part of the Real Ultimate Power hate mail.

From realultimatepower.net
    And again...

I wouldn't put to make stock into a "soke" that feel the need to email hate mail to realutliamtepower. Can you see Hatsummi Sensei or Tanemura Sensei or Manaka Sensei doing that?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  6. totality

totality New Member

15 barrels of pearly grapes says those are fake emails.

7. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

I a sure realultimatepower gets plenty of hatemail, enough that they don't have to make it up. Second if you were going to fake someone, why not Hatsumi, that would be "higher profile"

8. totality

totality New Member

not really, i don't know who either of those guys are, so neither one sounds more high profile to someone like me, who believes the only purpose of the ninja is to flip around and throw pointy things at people.

you have a point about their volume of hatemail though.

9. Jimmy Wand-Yu

Jimmy Wand-Yu Valued Member

Hello,

Could someone clarify anything (xplasma, Kurohana or SilentNightfall maybe)? Who is Manaka Sensei? What is Jinenkan? What is Koga-ryu? What is Bushikai? Who is Soke Fujita? Good links would also be helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Jimmy

10. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Jinenkan is a off-shoot of Bujinkan Ninpo. It was started by Manaka Sensei. In Jinenkan they put a lot of emphasis on mastering the basics.

http://www.jinenkan.com

Koga-ryu is a term to represent a Koga Region Ninpo. Ninpo comes from two regions of Japan Iga and Koga.

Bushikai is a single dojo that once was Bujinkan then Genbukan, they sent off on their own becuase of the x-kan politics.

Soke Fujita is the gradmaster of Bufukan, which is the style under discusion in this thread.

11. togakure_ninpo

togakure_ninpo New Member

to me it sounds like a little on the unbelievable side. I just wanted to check with you fine people, to see what your oppinions were. I'v found many other websites like those in the past.

if anyone's interested, I conjured up a fake ryu site (I was bored). I list it in the HTML as being fake, just incase anyone finds it by accident. (I thought it was funny anyway. maybe you guys won't) I'll most likely delete it in the next few days, since it just takes up space.

http://www32.brinkster.com/mekanixos/kashiryu/

12. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

First of all, as stated in so many other threads on this forum, Ninja were not assassins. They killed only when necessary for survival. The only Ninja assassins were rogues looking for money and nothing else. The vast majority of Ninja, at best, worked for the government at some point to gather intelligence and advise in military strategy. The most famous part of Ninja history is its beginning where Ninjutsu was created as an art to survive against the samurai who sought to destroy the Ninja out of fear. I believe this was under Oda Nobunaga's rule. Either way, the assassin thing is totally false and made popular only by Japanese literature of the times that included tales of Ninja killing, raping, and other such things. One can, in my belief, still claim to be Ninja today. You must only follow the philosophy. I believe one must also practice Ninjutsu as well, but according to Hatsumi-sensei's words, such is not necessary to be Ninja. As far as the familial issue, a certain Bujinkan ryu (most likely Togakure ryu) has its lineage linked to Iga so it is most definitely not kept in the family any longer. I suggest reading over past threads here on MAP. These issues have been discussed numerous times. Kurohana, Xplasma, and others, including myself, are quite tired of having to keep correcting misconception on our art that movies, the Internet, etc. have been giving over the years. Please stop propagating the "bad Ninja assassin in black PJs" theory. This, of course, is not meant to come off as harsh. Just asking nicely to do a bit of research here on the forums about the true nature of Ninjutsu and the practitioners thereof.

13. Henso

Henso New Member

Gentlemen,

I noticed the topic of "Sato Ryu" and Fujita Seiko being mentioned and thought that I might be able to clarify, as I done some research into this topic.

First of all, Fujita was a famous early 20th century martial artist, who is listed by the Bugei Ryuha Daijiten as having been Soke of the following ryuha. 14th and last of Koga Ryu Wada Ha, his family Ninjutsu system. Second Soke of Nanban Sato Ryu Kenpo-Jutsu, which is recorded to have been passed to Iwata Manzo, and is related to Seigo ryu via its branch school, Nanban Ippon ryu. This is definitely not a ninjutsu school, but, those hoping to use Fujita for legitamacy often mistakenly claim it to be. Iwata also inherited two other schools from Fujita, Dai En Ryu Jojutsu and Shingetsu Ryu Shurikenjutsu, neither of which are Ninjutsu schools.

Lastly, if you are interested in more on Fujita, try http://fujitaseiko.tripod.com, a site where I present my Fujita research.

14. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Bufakan? To my knowledge, there is no "fa" sound in Japanese.

PL

15. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Henso,

Good info on there, the only thing that puzzles me is that i thought fujita was dead?

Now, did he either send the emails from the grave or is someone out there full of crap, i sent a mail to sato ryu one day after that bloke Michiel tried to do the 3rd tai kai and i got a mouthful back saying they were going to sort me out, how funny, didn't realise i was worth the air fair, anyway i am still here!!

16. oneninja

oneninja Valued Member

Well,the saga continues my ninjutsu is better than yours.I have been studying sato ryu ninjutsu since 1966,my teacher was yamashiro sensei a very honorable man born and raised in japan.He was trained in the art of ninjutsu in japan and according to him and many others hatsumi was the one who broke tradition and started teaching westerners the secrets of ninjutsu.But I will not say mine is better than yours,But I will say yours is no better than mine,I am so tired of some of these so called experts saying that the koga ryu died out many years ago,after all ninjutsu has always been shrouded in secrecy so how is it that alot of you seem to know for sure that koga is gone.All I will say is koga seems to have been passed on, just because you cant find documentation doesnt mean it isnt there.I started training before most people in the states knew what ninjutsu was.So you can countinue to deface the art that I love but it will not deter myself and others from posting our comments on this subject.I will never denounce your ryu because I have trained with many students of your art and they are really some wonderful people and fortuneatly they have the same respect for my art as I have for theirs.In closing I would just like to say whats yours is yours and whats mine is mine.

17. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Oneninja, the reason most people say that Koga Ryu Ninjutsu died out is there has been no one with proof (scrolls, densho, etc) to back it up. As meticulous as the Japanese are (one could almost say obsessive) about record keeping, there should be some proof. So far, no one (to the best of my knowledge, and I admit to not knowing it all) has come forth with that proof. So forgive my scepticsm. Not saying mine is better than yours, just saying as of right now, Hatsumi has a more legitimate claim to inheriting the Ryu he has.
    If your Sensei has the skills and know how that you say he has and you are happy with the quality of training, then more power to you. But, keep in mind, as long as no one comes forth with verifiable proof, people will doubt the legitimacy of any one claiming Sokeship of Koga Ryu (or any off shoots thereof).

18. Stick

Stick New Member

Is ninjitsu effect as a fighting art, or is it just a tip toe up and stab you in the back kind of art?

19. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

well, check the forum. theres all kinds of stuff on this subject.

20. oneninja

oneninja Valued Member

Kurohana,I do understand your doubts and why you have them Im just saying there are some of us who know things others dont,Im not at liberty to discuss these things but I assure you koga does still exsist.I believe a mans word is his honor and my sensei was a very honorable man therefore I believe what he taught me was genuine as Im sure you believe what you have learned is indeed authentic.I know that proof of koga ryu may remain unseen but it is out there as for your point it is well taken and understood.Good health to you sir and enjoy your training as I will mine.