YouTube: My "Oldest Surviving Student"

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dale Seago, Oct 24, 2007.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Man... Just when I think I might pop into and see how the ninjas are hanging... it the usual bickering and constant battling. :D

2. ritchieboy75

ritchieboy75 Valued Member

I wish i'd read that last night then i wouldn't have bitten myself! (that's bitten as in egged into replying.. not sitting there chewing on my arm :D )

3. ritchieboy75

ritchieboy75 Valued Member

woo hoo 50 posts i can pm now... i clearly need another hobby :D

4. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

It's a slippery slope Rich, I should be doing homework from my day-release course right now, as it needs to be in in the morning, but having a bit of a rant is far more gratifying! :D

5. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

ROFLOL !!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

6. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Connovar, why have you chosen to ignore what Dale said? Did he do too good of a job at making you look like a fool? He pointed out the major problems with your post. No retort aside from the fact that you would "roll" with him?

It's a shame when someone as OLD as you acts like such a child. One would think that you would have a little maturity and experience in dealing with other people after so many years on this planet. I guess there are exceptions to every rule, eh?

7. raitei

raitei Valued Member

I don't think you will see a .44 magnum getting riled up over lables, sentimental theme songs or attitudes.

Thomas Curran
    Tokyo, Japan

8. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

At least its not amongst ourselves this time.

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Valued Member

Sigh...sadly, another attempt on the part of some to derail a perfectly good thread that Dale started. Amazes me, because I don't see anyone from here going to the MMA/Grappling?BJJ sections causing issues there.

I have to laugh at how the main thing with these folks, the thing that they use to determine the end all-be all of what works/does not work, is video. Hmm...thats funny, because I don't carry a video recorder with me, and I doubt others do either. But yet, there are people who have used their skill to defend themselves, but I guess because its not on the almighty tape, means it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Like others, as well as Dale himself have said...in the real world, he fails if something happens to the person or people he's protecting. Something tells me he hasnt failed yet. :)

Hopefully this thread won't be locked because of the actions of some. BTW, great video clip Dale.

10. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

This takes the cake.

There must be something seriously wrong with your eyesight, because you clearly haven't been reading any recent posts at all.

:ban:

11. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

I tried this argument myself but these people see themselves as crusaders, out to destroy anything that goes against the Gospel according to St. Tapout and they think we are whining little girls for asking them to stay out of our forum.

It's down to the Mods to delete anything that isn't conducive to the discussion of genuine ninjutsu-related arts or the camaraderie and humour of those of us who train in them.

12. RentoKill

RentoKill Valued Member

totally agree, well past time to clean house of these guys, nothing productive to offer time after time.

Still say we should have a 'memberrs only section with access rights to post we could then vote out the idiots.

13. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Elftengu said:-
    Actually, in my "contract of employment" it says it's our job to enforce MAP's Terms of Service. We're not here to come down on the side of this organisation or that one or to delete questions and comments which some may find uncomfortable. If someone is genuinely breaking TOS or even appears to be, it's usually being debated pretty hotly behind the scenes (believe it or not, we actually work pretty hard behind the scenes to keep this place running smoothly). Once something has been debated, allowing for the effect of stuff like global time differences on such a discussion, then a course of action will be decided and actioned upon. Of course, sometimes a question may have an obvious solution and we can act almost immediately we become aware of it.

But the simple fact is this. MAP is a public forum and anyone can wander in and ask questions or make comments so long as they abide by MAP's Terms of Service and by any forum-specific guidelines which may be in place at any one time.

14. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Rentokill said:-
    Please see the comment in the above post.

MAP is a public forum.

15. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

You are ALL members here at our discretion.

The mods do what we asked of them - enforce OUR rules, not yours!

If anyone has a problem with this, you know where the door is. Anyone who does not want to abide by OUR rules you can leave at any time, pm me and I can disable your account for you.

16. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

i cant get involved, however much i have in my head at the minute like arrogant.... i just cant afford another 7 day ban... :D

17. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

You can always voice an opinion. Just do so within the TOS and no one needs be on a 7 day stint.

18. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

I'd like to be a mod sometime but a) I'm not touchy enough and b) I've always been more of a rocker! :D

We don't expect you to actually do any of the things we suggest and we do appreciate the role you play, but surely there's no rule against making a wish and clicking the heels of our ruby tabi together! :D

As long as it doesn't get like e-budo where everybody voted with their feet and the mods now sit waiting for the one single new post each week that appears we should be okay. :Angel:

19. hendry

hendry Valued Member

LOL!

eBudo's fate is a perfect example of what happens when mods get too big for their boots and act like nannies.

eBudo used to have a really excellent Ninjutsu forum with a lot of knowledgable people posting there. It's a tragedy what's happened to it.

The funniest part is that the eBudo mods are probably thinking they're doing a really good job because there's no arguments ...

20. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

i cant, the need for abusiveness would just seep out. :D

i was once but i totally abused my power and went off on one, i did enjoy the ride though. :D