YouTube: My "Oldest Surviving Student"

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dale Seago, Oct 24, 2007.

1. RentoKill

RentoKill Valued Member

or indeed cleaning them out.

2. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Well, thanks to his pipes we had some great craic back in April on the grounds of the Atago Jinja :D

Hey Pol, it'll be great to see you -- and this time I'll really be seeing everything, no more contact lenses: Got my corneas zapped and reshaped with Laser Death Rays a week ago today. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  3. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Now is when he finds out that Pol is a girl!!!!! :eek:

4. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

I expect he has taken on and defeated as many of those "macho brazilians" as you have! :rolleyes:

5. bouli

bouli Valued Member

Hey Norm, Dales the one in the skirt!

6. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

You could be lesbians???? :D

7. bouli

bouli Valued Member

;) I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body :D

8. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Shave, you'll feel much better :p

9. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Talked to him about it.

Doesn't come across as someone who'd lie about stuff like that.

10. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Not clear from your post but, since you haven't talked to me, I assume you mean you met and talked with Mike. :)

Brazilians in Brazil aren't always terribly "sporting" in their approach.

Did he tell you about the sortakinda "dojo yaburi" incident (not at HIS dojo, another Bujinkan group) where the "crashers" came in with pistols and a live grenade?

11. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

I love the stories that you folks here love to tell each other! When will you get to the "three little ninja's and the big bad MMA wolf"? :p

12. bigred

bigred New Member

Mike always has his budo turned up to 11 ;)

Whenever I talk to him I can never get a word in edgewise. He's a bit of a braggart but I can't say that what he's describing ain't true.

13. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

When it happens we'll tell it. :p

14. RentoKill

RentoKill Valued Member

Nigel Tufnel: This Budo all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
    Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most Budo go up to ten?
    Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
    Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's better? Is it any better?
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one better, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most Budo, you know, will be training at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your training. Where can you go from there? Where?
    Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
    Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
    Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One better.
    Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make training better and make ten be the top number and make that a little better?
    Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

:D

15. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Nope, just the guy who tried out a rear naked choke and ended up offering to buy him lunch.

BTW we have talked to each other. Three years ago I asked you if you had anyone to train with in Honbu.

16. Connovar

Connovar Banned Banned

Unfortunately "braggerts" and tellers of tall tales are abundant throughout the bujinkan. The sad thing is that except for the few that actually put their training to the test thats all most of the BJK disciples have to depend upon. No videos or proofs of their 15 Dans skill and a some scrolls which Hatsumi refuses to have verified for authenticity.

In essence taijitsu at best could be compared to a experimental high performance aircraft. In theory it could work but no proof has been shown. And even it could be shown it effective that does not mean it is feasible to use by an average "pilot". The tragedy then is advertising this high performance aircraft as a usefully tool for the average s well as a highly skiled person. Its like the famous "widowmaker". A lot of crashed and deaths occurred except when used by highly trained and experienced pilots and a very short tactical deployment because its extreme limitations of use.

17. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Abundant? Wow. Way to stereotype. How many members of the Bujinkan have you met and talked with?

As far as proof, just because YOU haven't been given acceptable proof doesn't make it worthless.

Using your aircraft analogy, you weren't given proof the stealth bomber or fighter would work before the Gulf War. Primarily because in the grand scheme of things, you're a nobody like the majority of us. However, it was proven to work whether YOU were in the loop or not.

There are a lot of things that the majority of people are unaware of that amazingly enough work.

Blah. Pearls before swine.

18. hendry

hendry Valued Member

That's not his fault. He offered to let the koryu people verify them, but they wanted him to let them take them away, which he wasn't prepared to do. He was willing to let them look at them and study them inside his house.
    In his position I'd do the same. Why should he risk having the scrolls that were entrusted to him by Takamatsu-Sensei get lost or damaged or stolen?

Anyway, since that incident, his scrolls have been verified by the Zen Nippon Todo Renmei who spent time in his house examining the densho.

19. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

And people with your p***-poor attitude are apparently abundant on internet fora.

And why are you bringing that up here?

To you.

You can say that again.

When and where has this been done?

20. RentoKill

RentoKill Valued Member

(general statement, not specific)

If i had a penny for every one of those..i'd have a lot of pennies... :D