Your three techniques.

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Happy Feet Cotton Tail, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Was it Dolph Lundgren? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Bigger!

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Crikey! :(

4. Moi

I'm just glad it was nothing to do with me or my friends. Nothing I could have done to help that wouldn't have involved trying to kill the bugger.

5. Dikzzz

Dikzzz Valued Member

Aha but that's the skill of the person in the suit though mate. We spend a lot of time training; and a lot of time researching to be good bad-guys.

If you hit me with a 'GOOD' shot I will react accordingly. If we judge it as poor, again we react accordingly.
    The people in our suits are not just moving punchbags if you like. They are highly skilled at adrenalising each student, taking them well outside their comfort zone and moving through the scenario to achieve the end result.

For experienced people, we may well fight longer and harder than is generally realistic to give you the 'Dolph' experience. Or one of the others may wait until you are totally tunnel visioned and gasping for air after a 5 second adrenaline fuelled fight; and then jump you from behind. :evil:

If your combo works for real, it 'should' work on us.

I guarantee you'd love it.

Dik

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Excellent reply, thank you.

7. ShiroTora

ShiroTora Valued Member

Exactly my point!

Geoff made a famous quote on one of his tapes that self defence can be summed up in one sentence of five words:

"Learn to hit f*****g hard!"

Everything else is back up. He subtitles his Pavement Arena Grappling tape "The Last Resort". There's lots of useful stuff on there, but he starts by making the point that it's all backup, you don't go there by choice.

ST

8. ShiroTora

ShiroTora Valued Member

Yes, I've heard of things like this happening.

It's relevant that this thread, and others like it, talk about top three techniques. Nobody really believes they would never need backup for that person who could take the big punch.

I start with Geoff's line, then look at LeBells. Then take it from there.

I was actually teaching a grappling/MMA/VT session last night and made a lot of these points then. I'll make a reference in my "Journal" today.

ST

9. Moi

Out of interest, how much do you weigh?

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I've been watching that recently and his Judo basics DVD, picked it up for a tenner in HMV bargin! A lot of what he says funnily enough is also done in the older arts frequently he says things that remind me of more classical techniques, I think he has a similar mind set but of course has adapted his physical response to today.

Good stuff all round.