Your Religion (if any)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Master J, Apr 27, 2004.

1. bxa121

bxa121 New Member

hmmz.. come from a muslm family, went to mosque and stuff, but i left when i was young, didnt really understand any of it...

became a very philosophical person... until one day i though...if there was a god, surely he would have given mankind some message? amid all the lies and stuff, something of truth would be out there preserved??
    anyways, through philosophy i decided that a polytheiestic religeon would not be deemed the truth,
    and so a monthiestic religeon was something to be researched...
    read the torah, bible, quraan, psalms..
    realised that the quraan couldnt have been written by a man... i mean some of the stuff in there.. amazing... and im a man of science!!!

so there you go.. muslim.. quraan and sunnah (example of the Prophet) only! ;)

2. Gryphon Hall

Gryphon Hall Feeling Scholler

Christian (United Methodist, Wesleyan Arminian persuasion)

3. Estel Authorion

Estel Authorion Regrets my stupid posts

Christian (also a United Methodist, Wesleyan Arminian, Confessing Church).

And regenerated, too!:love:

4. Estel Authorion

Estel Authorion Regrets my stupid posts

Loved the book!

Loved the book!:love: Read it many times and used it in a paper I wrote. Best read in tandem with C.S. Lewis The Case for Christianity (Mere Christianity).

5. Hawks

Hawks Valued Member

Roman Catholic

6. rainbows

rainbows New Member

Agnostic.

7. davethekodiak

davethekodiak Valued Member

bible teaching baptist (christian)

8. CraigLeeJKD

CraigLeeJKD formerly 'into_the_abyss'

No religion, but a lot of spiritual beliefs based on many paths including Paganism (Hawaiian Shamanism + witchcraft), Native American spirtuality, and Taoism.

*Craig*

9. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Evil Robot Worship.
    Praise unto our beeping metal gods!

10. Hobbitlauncher

Hobbitlauncher Chronic Complaint Dept.

Pagan (a little bit of everything, really) + Taoist, its not so much -what- you believe in, its the belief that counts imo (including you atheists out there, you believe in non-belief so it counts :cool: )

11. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Agnostic tending towards athiest. Interested in the possibility of some kind of spiritual or metaphysical reality but too cynical to accept any kind of organised religion.

12. eagelclaw

eagelclaw Valued Member

muslim here!

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

I read case for christ and it didn't sway me one way or the other, it was just a reporter who started basing things on god.

Athiest here. but you all know that.

14. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

Sometimes I go to Buddhist temple (hopefully going more soon) and sometimes I go to the Unitarian church, neither on a very regular basis. I like Pagans too.
    I was not raised in an organized religion, but I find them all interesting. I think all religions are valid and serve an important purpose, but I have problems with any religion or followers of a religion that claim to know the "one true way."

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  15. Drunken Miss Ho

I've been to friends' meeting when I was younger, I really liked it. I've been thinking of checking one out again.

16. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

No, don't buy into that crap. There is nothing worse than Christian Apologetics pretending to be logical, scientific, and unbias by capitalizing on the ignorance of the reader in hoping they don't realize how ridiculous the arguments and 'impartial' evidences are.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jeff_lowder/strobel.html

This site gives a lengthy review of the book and points out dozens of glaring inconsistencies and blatant falsehoods.

17. Drunken Miss Ho

Now even I can get behind you on this one Socrastein. :D

18. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

yeah, i have to say good stuff. now in about 40 minutes, all the fanatics will tell us that somehow we were wrong and that god blessed the ink the book was publlished in and that we are all going to hell.

19. Drunken Miss Ho

But when they do get all defensive like that it only serves to confirm what I've thought about them all along... :D

I must say though, I've got a lot of respect for Christians who live their lives according to Jesus' teachings and just go about their business. If all Christians really lived according to Jesus' teachings, the world would be a much better place, plus there would be no Pat Robertson (or George W for that matter)

20. ironknuckles

ironknuckles contemplating....

Leaning towards Ch'an Buddhism, but not devoted by any means.