Your own private Heaven

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jim, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Jim

Jim New Member

I had an interesting and possibly life changing experience over the weekend. No not that bit, it was something else.

I'd just played one of my best gig's, didn't have to worry about lugging the gear out or driving home because I was staying at the pub and were the stars of the night. Some of the other band's members kicked on with us back in the room and I determined to have me a good time.

Anyhoo, there we were drinking a limitless supply, swapping warries, eating a huge bucket of KFC.. basically your own private Valhalla and then... it wasn't my best time ever!

Blasphamy I hear you think! Yes indeed. It is exactly what I'd thought Heaven would be... Drinking with mates, high spirits, food of the Gods, conversation where people are patting you on the back and saying, 'Man, you ROCKED!' so many times it blurred... but here was me wishing I was home with the Mrs and kids... even though I knew they'd be arguing, annoying each other, etc....

Okay, maybe I'm getting old but... NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO FOR A HEAVEN?

2. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Know what you mean. When I was a student, I used to train just about every night including friday, so I was quite tired by the time I got to Saturday.

I usually got back quite late from training on friday and just had a couple of pints in the pub while my mates went clubbing, so on saturday mornings I was up quite early, before the rest of the people I lived with and I used to get a big stack of toast on a plate, a big pot of tea and sit there watching Rawhide on channel 4. Bliss. It really was.

Weirdly enough, on one of these occasions the Jehovah's Witnesses decided to pay me a visit and tell me how young people of my age were very depressed and how we had to join them to experience heaven. I must say, I had my doubts. </blasphemy>

3. RAD

RAD New Member

Life is such a mystery sometimes. Many a time I am wishing for a little time alone and when I get it what do I do? I get bored, go on MSN and talk with friends far away about our husbands and kids and stuff and and it makes me wish they were home to annoy me ;).

I think heaven is where you are most comfortable, where you can be at ease with the ones you love around you.

And Jim, you are getting old :p

4. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

then maybe its not a private heaven hehe

5. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

It was eating the KFC that did it. Eating that s*#@ will spoil anything. ;)

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Creating a little heaven here on earth are we?

I'm sure heaven is what we think it is and multiply it to the 10th power :) :D :Angel:

,,, and Jim (I should know) .... you are old!

7. blackbelt_judoj

blackbelt_judoj New Member

I reckon your best bet is dump the Mrs and the kids. End of problem. :)

8. Jim

Jim New Member

Wow! The power of the internet.... Millions of minds working on the same problems... That's what I'll do then... Divorce here I come! :D