Your Opinions

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by slacker, Oct 15, 2009.

1. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

You guys should travel down to wales if your after freestyle mat sports like that I can send you a list of events if you like slacker. Although id stick with light contact and not the semi if I was you. Any decent event should be 2 x 2min rounds as well

2. slacker

slacker Valued Member

Whats the difference between light/semi?

That would be good, were in the midlands just the other side of birmingham so its not far for us to travel.

Another grievance about that tournament:
    One of our fighters is 12years old, a novice with 9 months training was matched with:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7531343.stm

A girl who is World Champion Greece 2009, which was pointed out to my club by a member of the public who was concerned that even such a match was made

3. d0ugbug

Was it open grade in the categories?

Semi - Points Fighting (i.e the video you posted)

Light - Continuos Fighting (non stop sparring for 2min normally, scored either by clickers or 10/9 rule)

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

If it was an open comp then it's pretty much random who you're going to be pitted up against.

That said, in the black belt division it's an "open category" in the sense that a recently graded 1st Dan fighting for the first time ever may come up against a 4th or 5th Dan with 20 years' tournament experience.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Think it was modified thai but apart from grappling and knees full contact kickboxing and modified thai are pretty much the same.

6. slacker

slacker Valued Member

Ah right, I'm defiantly going for continuous anyway. :D

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Please tell me the title of the event is a joke.

or....

am I the only one that see's the irony in a point sparring tourney called 'deadly'...

:p

8. d0ugbug

Its the WUMA nick name Deadly Dicker

Slacker, gone are the days in Light Contact you could dump people sadly, but id work alot on front leg sweeps no one seems to use them these days and its a good way to back someone off if your under pressure!

9. slacker

slacker Valued Member

Thanks for the tip, will need to look into the rules and categories of what i can and can't do first.