Your Opinions on Max-OT?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GhostOfYourMind, Apr 22, 2005.

1. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Something just hit me, even though I don't have a squat rack, aren't hack squats and front squats just as good and don't require a squat rack? Although the front squat would require me to clean the bar into place, but that's no biggie. I think I have plenty of room too.... hmmm....

2. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

You can do hack squats instead, they look more like a deadlift with the bar behind your legs to me though :eek: , but I don't know how good front squats can be, i mean, I guess it depends how much you can clean. I'm squatting 60 at the moment x10, but I'd never be able to clean that much.

3. GhostOfYourMind

I can clean about 120 lbs. if not a bit more. When I get a bar...(whenever that may be, stupid car insurance....lol) I'll just do hack squats, or as I am now calling them, butt backwards deadlifts! :D

4. BigBoss

BigBoss This is me, seriously.

Front squats are a great exercise, they really focus the work load on your quads, a lot of people use them instead of normal squats. You wont be able to use as much weight but your quads will get a much better work out, I for on one use them a lot because I find when I do normal squats my glutes and lower back tend to do a lot of the work and its hard to get my quads to overload, but all people are different and you may get a great quad workout from squats but I would still though in some front squats either after your normal squats or instead of them from time to time.

5. GhostOfYourMind

Thanks BB. I had an inkling they'd shift emphasis on the quads since the weight's more forward. Now that that's all settled, I have to convince dad to lemme buy myself a bar.....:D

6. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Tried for a while, exactly as they say in the PDF.
    Lost my strenght and didn't grow.
    Returned to Enamait in a hurry.

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

That's not because of the program specifically, there are so many factors that need to be taken into account. If you weren't eating a LOT than that could have been the cause. Even so, the program isn't bad as such, he just doesn't need it right now.

8. GhostOfYourMind

Starting 5x5 today as soon as I finish my home work that I'm doing as I type this (well, kinda doing it....:D). Decided to do dips with my NEW dipping belt (really chain i got from home depot for 5 bucks, hehe) and some DB bench press. I have one question, should I do 5 sets and 5 reps for BOTH bench and dips, or should i do maybe 3 sets bench, 2 sets dips, each 5 reps. Would there be any harm in doing 5x5 for each one? Thanks! :D