Your opinion on this?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by RhadeConstantin, Jul 22, 2010.

1. RhadeConstantin

RhadeConstantin King of Badasses

So, I was surfing youtube the other day and I came across this clip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9hb99zg1fA"]YouTube- BISON System Military Martial Arts Kickboxing Self Defence Krav Maga Mumbai India[/ame]

I was hoping the people here would give me their opinion on this group. IMO they seem pretty decent. what do you guys say?

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

The opponents aren't really trying, looks very nice, but it's very compliant.

3. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

Much more diplomatic than what i was gonna post.

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

What are those guys trying to achieve? The feeders I mean. The people on whom all the techniques are being performed. Because after the initial setup, they tend to curl into a ball and let themselves be manhandled. Watch the knife attacks. He's aggressively moving forward with (highly predictable) attacks. Then, as soon as the other guy busts his move, the knife guy goes all docile and lets him do his thing.

Not very convincing. But that could be bad demo'ing. Not necessarily bad teaching overall.

But proceed with caution.

Stuart

5. Aikidojomofo

Aikidojomofo Valued Member

Looks completely terrible

Absolutely no threat from any of the attackers and even less threat from the person executing the techniques. I don't have time for any system that trains you to pull punches like they do in that video. I think it instills a very bad habit of not commiting to a punch/kick/attack

6. Aikidojomofo

Looks completely terrible

Absolutely no threat from any of the attackers and even less threat from the person executing the techniques. I don't have time for any system that trains you to pull punches like they do in that video. I think it instills a very bad habit of not commiting to a punch/kick/attack

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

The four guys vs one girl demo cracked me up. They grabbed her, then they all fell over.

8. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

9. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I would have tried and tossed them in the pool. As they tried to get out, hit them. :)

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Those boys liked rolling around with the lady a little bit TOO much.

11. Aikidojomofo

Good for them I say, I usually have to pay for that kind of stuff

and a camera is billed as "extras"

12. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Bout 35 seconds in when it says "experience based" I thought "I don't wanna hang out at the clubs this guy seems to." What it looks like to me is they all dive in and just cling, there's no real attack there. And I love how it says "realistic knife attacks" as if to say "Nevermind what you think you see, this stuff is realistic, honest, trust me!" It may be bad demonstrating, but it doesn't look like something I'd watch and think "These guys are hardcore, I want to be that able to handle myself."

13. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Aw, wait, those guys WEREN'T hardcore? :rolleyes::cool::hat:

14. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

They were hugging him more than anything; no strikes in a real situation?

15. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

MORE SWEAT IN TRAINING LESS BLOOD IN WAR haahaa

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

No head kicks? I don't get it.

17. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

Never been in or seen a fight when three guys take on one, and their strategy is to each hug a limb. They usually start pounding the crap out of the one guy.

18. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

QFT

19. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I think the guy in the white vest really just wanted to hug that girl for as long as possible.

20. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

it looks like good training for cheating at rugby. Guys grab your legs, then stand still as you elbow them. I mean those three guys didnt even pick the girl up, if three guys grabbed anyone they would pick em up and dump them on the ground.... Hard.