Your most-used kick...

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Samus00, Sep 13, 2004.

?

Which basic kick is most useful in a fight?

1. Side Kick

15.8%
  2. Front Kick

21.9%
  3. Crescent Kick

2.6%
  4. Roundhouse Kick

57.0%
  5. Back Kick

0.9%
  6. Spinning Side Kick

0.9%
  7. Hook Kick

0.9%
  1. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Or a crescent followed by your leg being caught and you getting punched in the face. :)

A crescent is basically a head-high roundhouse that is more up than sideways, making it slower, therefore it's easier to catch, and you get some complications then. You could get teeped (push kick), or just punched, since you basically need to leave yourself open to do it.

PL

2. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

What is a teep? ive heard the term but never been told. so what exactly is a teep

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Its a kick often used in Thai boxing. Very similar to a front kick, but very effective as both a defensive, and offensive technique.

Attached Files:

4. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

is it a thrusting kick?

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Yeah. Kinda like a push kick, but more kick than push. :)

PL

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

hehe I see it as more a push than a kick. :) Well, i use it that way anyway.

Of course, there are different variations, and it all depends on the fighter as well. You can get generate alot of power through them if done correctly... But you very rarely see any knockouts with it.

Some fighters have used the teep and made contact with the opponent pushing them backwards with a boom!

Its kind of like the kicking version of a jab. Can be used for both defense and offence.

A good way to practice it is to get a heavy bag moving towards and away from you. As it comes close, chamber the kicking leg, and thrust it out into the bag, pushing your hips forward into the kick and trying to thrust the bag as hard and explosivly as you can.

7. Floating_Tiger

Floating_Tiger New Member

i voted side kick.. most comfortable

8. Sibilant

Sibilant New Member

I cross train different martial arts and I'd have to say, for myself, it would have to be the Muay Thai roundhouse by a landslide.

9. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

roundhouse kick i rock at them i make opponents :cry: with them :D

10. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

my dojo uses the stop kick it's similar to a front kick but the heel goes first

11. ToRNaDo LorD

ToRNaDo LorD New Member

Yeah, maybe. But I still think it would be the best kick since im allways using that when fighting.

12. karate_fiend

karate_fiend New Member

low or mid round house hands down....

13. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Low leg kick - Thai style.

14. HearWa

HearWa Ow, that hurt...

I have always been partial to the thrust kick and the round house.

The thust kick is a direct, powerful kick that doesn't require a turn of the body (like its side kick counterpart). The disadvantage is it is pretty easy to get out of the way of.

The round house, however, can be like a swing of a baseball bat. Just sheer power. :)

15. azn tiger

azn tiger New Member

i use the round kick the most, the side kick the second most, but one of my favorite kicks is the hook kick, especially a spinning hook kick. I don't use it that much but i especially like to purposly miss with a round kick and then hook them in the gut or head.

16. Kyu

Kyu New Member

Hook Kick and Roundhouse are my two fave...but i could only vote for one...

17. Tankx1st

Tankx1st New Member

i think roundhouse is the kick you learn first, and the most you use, especially kickboxing and muaythai

18. Mawi

Mawi Banned Banned

Nothing like a bone breaking roundhouse. It is the most used. The most useful. As for side kick and back kick require you to be in the side or faceing backwards (can me riskly). Slideing side kick is good for attcking or fakeing for a good kick after wards (some times good body shots with push or side kicks). I personaly use the roundhouse the most of all kicks, why isn't ax kick out there to get voted for...... Ax kick needs lots of fexliexablity that may be why. (got to love the Andy Hug kick (ax kick)

19. tommy

tommy New Member

kakatu-geri ax kick..hard to see coming and very effective. Most used for me is the gedan mawashi geri..to the nerve on the upper thigh/

20. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

errr, isn't hook kick = roundhouse???
    Hook kick in JKD is exactly the same kick as kickbox roundhouse....

and i voted for side kick