Your favorite weapon!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Sonshu, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dortiz

dortiz Valued Member

AA12 Assault shotgun!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Did you even read the 1st post in the thread?

3. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Need I say more ? :)

Attached Files:

4. Gojushinki

Gojushinki Pre-Blue Belt

Nice katana man, Masahiro? Looks just like mine upon close inspection.

Although i do like the idea of a katana, it just doesn't seem practical. In a confined space or if the enemy has a faster weapon (such as a shorter sword), i'm almost positive i would lose. I would always go with either a wakizashi, or a stick of a similar size (about 1 1/2 to 2 feet). Not too long, not too short, lightweight and effective.

As for the most effective weapon? The mind, simple as that.

5. lominna

lominna Valued Member

Gotta agree with Gojushinki about the mind. If you lose that, then favorite weapons are no longer your biggest concern.:)

My favorite weapon is probably my cane (guns were excluded from this thread, and anyway, they have greater legal problems than other weapons even in the freest states). Canes are affordable and are legal, likely even in England. I've taken it on airliners several times. They just xrayed it to be sure there was no sword or gun hidden inside. It has more range than my kicks, and isn't affected by wind the way my pepper-spray, another good weapon, is. No one has ever questioned why I might need this 'medical device', but if they did I could truthfully say that I sometimes have joint pain in knees, ankles, or sciatica.

Pocket knives are handy for lots of everyday chores unrelated to defense, so I've usually had one since boyhood, but they're not allowed everywhere. My dog is a good friend for the whole family and probably helps keep us nicer people, but she has a mind of her own and might or might not help fight against an attacker. Martial art is something they can't confiscate anywhere, but as was said, it's a given at this website. So cane it is.

6. ludde

ludde Valued Member

Wel if your mind is positive that you will lose, then you are ****ed anyway.

7. brotherinarms

brotherinarms Valued Member

i would choose a katana they might not be the most practical in every situation but i just like the history, the craftsmanship and the looks.

was checking some out before cant afford it but i would love this as an investment!

http://www.casiberia.com/images/products/big/SH2185.jpg

8. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Be careful. It's a consumer item, not an investment, especially since it's just a Chinese-made production sword and not a nihontô with any art value (and even dealing in those in a manner that would lend itself to a sword's being an investment will require serious study of nihontô).

9. brotherinarms

cheers for heads up, im reading up on what i can but still need to learn more, theirs a lot of things to know haha!

10. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

Tonfa for defense.. I think the LAPD call them P.34 Battons, thats a pretty good reason i would say, and i dont wanna say something i dont own or cant use.
    Short double daggers come to mind but we aint talking killing spree are we lol so yeah Tonfa :)

11. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Valued Member

nunchaku

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPLzW-IxgZs"]YouTube- 013 Ninja nunchaku basics[/ame]

13. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You really shouldn't give that guy the publicity you know...

14. Haste

Haste Scream

I'm no weapon fighter, but I have to say that short swords (like machetes) and knives are my favorite. One good hack and all that pesky brush is destroyed. The knife is great because it's a tool as well. A true survival tool.

Never had them or tried them, but I'd like to get a pair of bladed brass knuckles. I think they would be absolutely devastating in a melee fight. Brutal!

-Haste

15. brotherinarms

wow ive never seen someone spam so much!! ^^^

edit: this post was here because of a spammer who's post has now magically disappeared haha!!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  16. Kobudo-man

Kobudo-man Valued Member

not on here anyways. I hope someone stops him soon.

17. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

I wish I lived in a fantasy world.

18. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

19. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Do it, Mr D. This thread is nothing but a juvenile conversation anyway.

20. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

I am half tempted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.