Your Favorite Style of Ninjutsu?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Korpy, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

What is your favorite style of Ninjutsu?

Also why is it your favorite style? What does it offer that other Ninjutsu styles don't, ect?

2. MattK

MattK New Member

What exactly do you mean?

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Hmm.....

Well I can't get much clearer than that, actually it's easy, very easy to understand.

4. MattK

MattK New Member

No, its not.... from your other posts i imagine your talking about Dux Ryu/ Rick tew type stuff... but thats not ninjutsu. Niether is ashida kim or anything like that.

If you're refering to the X-kans theres already a thread about that.

if you mean something different, please enlighten me.

5. Krum

Krum The Walking Bruise

Actually, it is'nt very easy to understand, it's rather vague.

Do you mean which is our favourite Ryu (ie: Gyokko Ryu, Togakure Ryu) or style of Ninjutsu (ie: Bujinkan, Genbukan, Jinenkan)

6. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Why not both?

Hmmm.....

Come on, you don't need me to hold your hand on this.

If I'm not that clear (which I believe I am) that state what you think I mean.

Ok, now that it's cleared, continue.

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Hey Korpy, word of advice: Lose the belligerence. You were vague. Someone asked for clarification. I would have too. Why are you being so hostile?

8. MattK

MattK New Member

Ok im still not 100% sure what you mean. But in general we will have only studied one of the X-kans, so im not really in any position to comment.

As far as i have studied i quite enjoy koto ryu.... seems to be fairly agressive, good for subduing people... but i havnt seen much of anything else.

9. cj256

cj256 Valued Member

i also presume you mean which ryu[school]? if thats the case then yes there is already a recent thread on this topic :)

10. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I'm sorry, if I seemed hostile, but I'm not hostile, also it wasen't very vague?

All I asked was what style.

Then someone brought up, about what ryu.

So here we go again (also please drop the hostile/vague crap, please)

What is your favorite style of Ninjutsu?

What is your favorite ryu Ninjutsu?

11. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Korpy- I'm picturing you tapping your foot impatiently as you wait for someone to say "Mitsubishi-Ryu Ninjutsu is the best!"

I will also state that you need not hold ANYONE'S hand in ANYTHING, and that many people here could possibly be your future instructors.

I'll cut you some slack though, since you just turned 15 one week ago.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KORPY!! (cue the birthday song)

-In answer to your original question...the only experience I have in regards to authentic Ninjutsu-Ryu would be Togakure-ryu. By default, this makes it my favorite.

Lots of falling, though...and rolling...and more falling...did I mention falling?

May you achieve
    Satori

12. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Korpy what you also have to keep in mind is that most of us study Budo Taijutsu ;)

If I were you I'd have a read up on the various X-Kan and what the cover then come back here. :)

13. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks for the Birthday song. lol.

Also what about a type of Ninjutsu called To Shin Do Ninjutsu?

14. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Please use the search function :) and you will find the answer.

15. thomaspaine

thomaspaine Valued Member

To Shin Do is Stephen Hayes' version of ninjutsu, a former student of Hatsumi. You can read about what people think of Hayes here: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31544&highlight=hayes

I've never practiced To Shin Do, but I've trained with a shihan who used to train with Hayes back in the day and he never has anything good to say about the man. Supposedly instead of having kiae(spelling?) the students yell "STOP!!!" which I thought was pretty hilarious. I also believe that the stealth techniques and stuff like that are pretty de-emphasized, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I hear that his taijutsu is pretty good, but if you want to save your money I'd suggest training with one of the xkans.

16. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Yelling "Stop!" instead of Kiai?? Interesting...

My instructor has us say "TOE" and "HAY" when we strike. Coming from a traditional karate background, I wanted to go "Kiai!!!", but I was scolded not to.

May you achieve
    Satori

17. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

I'd love to shout, "HAVE SOME OF THAT!", when doing a technique, sadly etiquette says "NO!" :D

18. specourt

specourt Hero in a half-wit shell

Isn't that kiaijutsu - energy balancing?
    "Hai" when you attack, "Toh" when you retreat?
    Someone clever put me right please :eek:

19. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Kiaijutsu? Energy balancing??

I thought my instructor just liked being different!

May you achieve
    Satori

20. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Personally, I like Nagato sensei's kiai as recounted in this little tale at my friend Jim Morganelli's website:

http://www.budotech.com/jvm/nagato2.shtml