Your Favorite Kind of Weapon.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Shokku, Oct 8, 2005.

?

What is your favorite type of weapon?

1. Melee blunt..

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Melee bladed.

30 vote(s)
    53.6%
  3. Melee chained.

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Ranged blunt.

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Ranged blade.

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. Ranged chained.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Projectile blunt.

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. Projectile bladed.

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. Projectile chained. (please post)

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

To decide on if someone's posts are reliable it is a good idea to know their background. For example if I'm looking for info on Aikido then I'm going to pay attention to what Dave Humm is saying on the other hand if I'm after info on RBSD I'll go read some stuff posted by Sonshu.

As for the self-taught n00b well seeing as your profile says:

"Will learn White Crane KungFu. Mostly interested in Ninjutsu, but no good schools around."

and the fact that you haven't answered the question about your training along with your "what's wrong with self teaching" remarks you've made in other threads then er yes I I'm begining to put you in the "selfTaught N00b category" unless you're going post anything to show different??

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  2. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

'hawks are actually European in origin. Came out of boarding axes and trade good axes, which is how they eneded up in the hands of natives, they were traded for stuff. But 'hawks rock :love:

3. vickbd

vickbd New Member

I also don't see how you want to know if this post is reliable or not.
    It's a thread asking "Your Favorite kind of weapon?".

If you want to know about my background and what martial art I study (If I even do study one) send me a PM and I'd gladly answer any of your questions regarding myself and my training.

As for my profile, I think I better edit it :eek: ..

Thanks for reminding..* :cool:

4. Lord Spooky

OK will do let me go sharpen my Troll Slayer +5 Long Sword first ;)

:D

I find it very strange that someone will not discuss their MA training when they are a member of a MA forum?

Why aren't you willing to discuss your training out in the open?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  5. vickbd

vickbd New Member

I don't find it strange at all.
    Why are you chasing me about this? Especially with your Troll Slayer +5 :eek: ..

It won't do anything to me, ergo I'm not a Troll :) .

Just to clear things up a little for you I am one of those "highly experienced"
    martial artists so if that's how you would judge someone's posts (by thier "Experience"), then so be it.

6. Lord Spooky

I don't care how much experience you say you have you're still coming off as a Troll IMHO! Er is the age correct in your profile? If it is how at such a young age have you managed to gain such vast experience?

Why wont you address questions you are asked in public?

You joined here to discuss MA yep?
    These posts become a form of archive for people looking for info. How is someone new to MA supposed to know if your posts carry any weight if they can't find any mention of what experience you have?

What is the difficulty with answering a simple question about your experience?
    I have asked in the open so the questions and answers are there for all to see. If this were to be done via PM it could turn into a you said x,z,y no I didn't you said z,y,x argument. This way it is all in the open, so to speak.

If you are on the level then usually you wont find any difficulty providing information about you MA experince.

The only individuals who wont do this are Trolls and Frauds!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  7. vickbd

vickbd New Member

Why won't you just let it go..?
    Like I said before If you think I don't have any experience then don't listen to anything coming from me. Just because someone doesn't have MAJOR experience doesn't neccessarly mean they are a "TroLlz" or a FRAUD.

I may not be highly experienced but I still have knowledge.

What does me talking about my favorite weapons have anything to do with weither I'm and experienced Martial Artist or not? Does it really matter..?

Stop going so Off-Topic with this nonsense.

And if you REALLY must know, I have recently started studying Southern (Fukien) White Crane style.

Are you happy now? Can we stop about this?
    Can we JUST put this to and end and just discuss?

8. Lord Spooky

See wasn't so hard was it? Still can't see why it took you so long :rolleyes:

9. vickbd

vickbd New Member

Because I don't want people jumping to conclusion based on my experience.
    Though I don't have much, I can still answer questions with a decent, senseful answer. :rolleyes:

Well... At least most of the time.. :eek: :D

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Howay people, back on the Weapons topic ;)

11. nickh

nickh Valued Member

What's left to control these days? Rubber shuriken? Foam nunchaku?

12. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

Somebody noted that "swedes" still were legal to field in UK :p
    I know that different cultures and countries have different laws, and I'm not a passifist or an anti-gun-person all together I'm for hunting, for instance; just not after people...

I'd like it if Anth had the oppertunety to carve out this Troll-stuff and place it somewhere else -as a new thread; this topic is IMHO far more interresting than discussing what somebodys favourite weapon is -for the 20th time :bang:

It's just like "what's your favourite colour" :cry:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  13. vickbd

vickbd New Member

Talking Ancient Japan NEVER gets boring!!!!!11111 one one one... :bang:

Especially when it comes to their weapons :D .

14. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

But why not doing it in one continous thread, taking the effort of searching up one of the older threads that is about the exact same theeme, instead of spamming the weapon-subforum with 9 million similar threads ("what's your favourite weapon?")

Theese threads seldom limit themselves to ancient japan either; they just make people listing loads of weapons, (of which 90% are crap wallhangercopies of anime/conan/hollywood-fantasy-impliments in the first place :bang: ) -not talking about how they're used, or bothering to read what the others post; sometimes I see 50 replies on one day without a single reply seeming to take notice of what others have posted, just boring listings of the weapons -often even not spelled the right way :cry:

Now, I usually write that if some threads annoy people, they should stay away from them, and leave them alone instead of writing in them about how stupid they are. But in this case, the problem is that some cram up the entire weapons section with equally silly threads ABOUT THE SAME THING, and that is what frustrates me, not the topic in itself -allthough I find the question rather uninterresting as well :p If somebody had bothered to post the thread like this: "What is your favourite weapon -and why?" -we might be able to read somthing interresting out of the replies; not just lists that sometimes seem as beeing copied from a roleplaygame's weapons-section :D

PS: what kind of troll does this post make me? ;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  15. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

Melee Bladed - Katana + Wakizashi.

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

The stuff about Trolls has been split to here.

If you want to talk about trolls, go there. If you want to stay on the topic of Weapons, stay here :)

17. Lord Spooky

What if we want to talk about what a trolls favourite weapon is where do we go then?? :confused:

:D :D

18. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

To the bridge to ask them? :D

Back on topic now!

19. kumikaze

kumikaze valved ember

Melee blunt, because I think that's what a cushion is. May be a projectile as well, depending on your personal preference. However, it's best utilised in melee combat.

20. Sepheroth

Sepheroth Valued Member

projectiles

I like ranged and bladed weapons.So projectile bladed sounded like me.