Your Daily Diet that Works

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by FrankCefalu, Oct 13, 2003.

1. FrankCefalu

FrankCefalu New Member

Does anyone have a diet that they use and workout plan that helps them or helped them get into shape?

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

well...to be honest with u i don't have to be on diet to lose weight because that's pretty much under control. when it comes to the way i eat, i have to stress that i eat a lot of fruit every day. i exercise every day. Sunday is usually my day off although i like to go jogging on a Sunday morning. vegetables are very important. i don't eat junk food. i don't like it. i don't drink coffee because it smells badly to me and i don't smoke. sometimes i get cravings for chocolate especially before 'those days of the month'. but i indulge my cravings since i don't eat tones of it. our bodies need sugar too, right? few days before the actual competition, i eat more pasta than meat. on the day of the competition i have bananas in my bag and some energy bars and isotonic drinks of course.
    i like fruit a lot and make also different juices without adding sugar and make healthy shakes.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  3. FrankCefalu

FrankCefalu New Member

i heard alot of fruit is dangerous for your health?

4. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

u have to define 'a lot'.....and the time period during which u ate a lot of fruit. otherwise, no problems.

i eat fruit every day. but i don't eat tones of it, of course.

5. alcapone

alcapone New Member

I don't think fruit is dangerous for your health, but if you're controlling your diet, fruit should be eaten around once a day, preferably after training (1 - 2 bannanas for example), This is because most fruit contains a lot of sugar and a kind of nutrient (can't remember what it's called!) that's actually quite hard to digest fully......something like that anyway!!! All I know is, a lot of fruit is only good if you're in a full training program, otherwise it can make you add weight. Sorry if I'm being vague, can't remember the exact science of it!

6. Kat

Kat Valued Member

I eat a lot of fruit.Luckily I live in a country where year round fruit and veg is inexpensive, I just have fruit blends throughout the day,(Fruit blended up with Juice and ice)Depending on what I am doing (as in training for .....what) I will have a small serve of rice in the morning and a couple of coffees during the day.Generally (once again dictated by what I am doing )I have salads/vegs and protiens at night.
    There is a lot of writting's out there on diet some conflicting so its up to you to work out whats good for your body.

7. totality

totality New Member

currently, i'm eating something like 5 eggs with bananas for breakfast, mcdonalds for lunch :)( school), some type of snack after school, (egg rolls are a personal favorite) then fish/chicken/steak with vegetables for dinner. and then, on days that i lift, a protein shake afterwards. AND WATER!!! it cannot be stressed enough that water is of the greatest importance.

of course, this might not be a very good way to get into great shape unless you lift/run/train a lot...suppose i should mention this is my plan to gain 10-20 pounds :D

8. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

Breakfast:
    1cup sugar free cereal w/ 1cup skim milk plus
    1cup skim milk & multivitamin.

Lunch:
    Tuna sandwich on whole-grain bread
    or
    Three eggs scrambled w/ peas, onions, & garlic
    or
    1 can of pork n beans
    plus
    1cup skim milk

Dinner:
    1 helping of whatever my better-half puts in front of me, plus
    1cup of skim milk

Also, 2 cups of water between each set of meals. I would rather eat five meals a day but it is hard w/ my schedule. But this works for me. Whenever I do get to snack between meals it is usually table fruit or a can of pineapple.

9. totality

totality New Member

are you trying to lose weight or something cal_JJJ???

10. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

LOL Totality:)

It sort of looks that way doesn't it. But if ya could sit down to one of my wife's dinners ya'd never go home. I'm ten pounds over weight at 166-170 lbs and don't have a problem w/ calories. I mostly focus on some extra protien spread out across the day to maintain my current muscle/strength.

Oh, and anytime you want to stop by for a good workout and a fine dinner, your welcome.:)
    DavidM

11. totality

totality New Member

why thank you sir david :D

how tall are you, btw?
    ALERT::Thread hijack!
    i'm around 140 lb. at 5'10" :(
    do you guys think that's a good plan for me to make weight as a lightweight in about 3 months? (155)

12. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

[Totality]"how tall are you, btw?"

I'm 5'9" tall.

I think it is probly a good idea for you to gain 10 to 15 pounds, BOC not body fat. I'm not qualified to say one way or another if its a good plan, I can only say what has worked well for me.

13. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

D-I-E-T? I'm 6'1. i eat as much as i want and don't gain any weight. so i guess I'm lucky. i don't have to follow this strange thing you call a diet.

14. Jack

Jack Valued Member

I'm putting on weight, I've put on about 16lbs with another 15lbs or so to go. I'm still lean.

Breakfast - 3 oz raw oats
    Meal 2 - a pint of milk, 2 PB+J Sandwiches
    Lunch - 4 Tuna Sandwiches
    Meal 4 - a pint of milk, various things.
    Dinner - Whatever mum makes
    Meal 6 - Half tub cottage cheese, quarter can of tuna, pint of milk

I'm putting on lots of lean mass and still feel healthy.

Jack

15. FrankCefalu

FrankCefalu New Member

DIET! :( DIET PPL! not weight gaining tips. I dont need help with that! :D

16. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

Mine is.
    It used to be my diet lost 20LBS & has become my routine intake. I will vary it some depending on my workouts, though. But, unless your a 5'9" 48yr. old male w/ an average metabalism, and a busy workout schedule, your going to have to tweek it a lot to fit your needs.

17. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

You know I have had members ask me what "healthy" KC's 'diet' consists of and I try to just eat as healthy as I can, staying away from junk, although I do treat myself to the things I like although they may be high in calorie. I just don't go overboard.... like one cookie not the whole bag! .... (doesn't work too well on potato chips though so I don't eat them or any "fried" food on a daily basis and save that as a treat for the weekend like having an order of french fries or fried seafood.) I try to eat lower carbs, lower fat and increase my protein.

I try to fuel up during the course of the day... mini meals/snacks because I hardly ever sit down and eat a "real" meal... usually just on weekends!

Luckily I am at the perfect weight for me... so I just have to worry about maintaining!

18. totality

totality New Member

yeah, frank, what is your workout schedule? because that will certainly affect whether or not you lose weight with any given diet, although the best thing to say is...decrease calorie intake :D

19. apen

apen New Member

lost three kgs. and converted most of my fat to muscle. all i did was go for a give it everything rune for 15 minutes every day including the days which i do karate. however i have softdrinks only once a fortnight. u have to have self control, after a while it become easy. it took about 1,5 months but not i am not gaining and my fitness is gone way up and i am increasing excersise. when u feel hungry have a fruit. i have fruit milkshakes and they are filling and quite tasty.

20. Pika

Pika New Member

All that skim milk. Hello insulin spike :)