Your Current Routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BoxBabaX, Aug 13, 2005.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

K ill knock the reps down once i get my balance sorted with these single leg squats, once i can do 10 with my hands on my head without wobbling ill increase the weight rapidly to push my reps down.

Ill have to do the dragonflags in a gym, i dont have any other reason to spen money on a bench, especially when im buying a pull ups and dips frame kinda thing. If i do get kicked out it'll be a park bench late at night :).

2. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Right now, time is tight so my weekly schedule is pretty much:

Monday
    Overhead Squat 6x4
    Full Contact Twist 4x4

Wednesday
    Deadlift 6x4
    Jerk 6x4

Friday
    Power Clean 6x4
    Farmer's Walk or Overhead Walk 3xAbout 80 feet.

Possibly finish any of the above workouts with "light" combinations on the Thai Pads, Tabata-style, if my gal is up for holding the pads.

One more reason why I'm a recent Dan John-convert, his concept of "Simple, but not easy." Definitely a philosophy to consider.

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

4. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

i take it you are adguig :D

edit: thats pretty cool that your training partner posts his stuff too

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yes I am, and Davmin is Yoda :D

Me and that lad are training partners and we train at his house with a rather ingenious setup, in case you haven't seen the pics before. We've rigged up even more since then actually, maybe I should post some more pics! :)

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

My current weights routine is 3x3 of:

clean & press
    front squat
    deadlift
    chins
    dips

I do this twice a week
    Sometimes if I feel like mixing it up, I replace the clean & press with upright barbell rows and military press and I'll sometimes work in some bent over dumbell rows.
    Once every two weeks I do a 20-rep squat (and regret it throughly the next morning ;))
    On my off days, I get in some bagwork - tabata-style if I'm feeling masochistic - and I have to run to catch the train from work pretty much every day. That plus MA training covers my cardio pretty well

7. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

I dont understand how you can replace cleans with upright rows. Two very different movements.

8. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Heck yeah you should. You can't let Prophet strut around like he's the King of the broke, ghetto-style lifters. Show him some old-school equipment. :cool:

9. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Please do!

Your scaffolding rack was an inspiration to me! I would love to see more of your stuff. Just post it in my thread :D

10. fixationdarknes

fixationdarknes Valued Member

I registered and clicked that link, and then logged in, and I got this message:

"The topic or post you requested does not exist"

:confused:

11. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

Last week I was taking some job-related classes and working towards a pay raise. I had 13 weight machines set up for circuit training, and dumbells maxed out at 50 lbs. Time was also a factor. Two weightlifting sessions per day, one when I woke up, the other before I went to sleep. Lifted every day for 8 days, roughly 45 minutes per session, nothing fancy nice even lifts.
    4 sets 8 reps (more or less)....static stretch between sets for rest.

Day 1
    Session 1
    Chest Press Machine
    Dumbell Flys
    Dumbell Press
    Chest Flys Machine
    Dumbell Pullovers
    Session 2
    Shoulder Press Machine
    Arnold Press
    Lateral Raises
    Front Raises
    Deltoid Flys

Day 2
    Session 1
    Seated Row Machine
    Lat Pulldowns
    Dumbell Rows
    Simulated Chin Ups on Lat Pulldown machine
    Good Mornings
    Simulated Pull Ups on Lat Pulldown machine
    Session 2
    Squats
    Lunges
    Leg Extensions
    Leg Curls
    Leg Press with an calf press

90 minute lunch breaks, used 30 minutes to hit abs and stretch, body wieght only various exercises.

Gonna rest for a couple days.

For the next 2 weeks I got a 10 year old, broke down Bow Flex and roughly 30 lbs in homemade dumbells, we'll see what I come up with.

12. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

try again, it worked for me the second time

13. Funky Phantom

Funky Phantom Valued Member

That's funny stuff, but this is a serious topic.

14. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I know, I just feel like doing rows and military presses instead some days ;)

15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'm doing this;
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=700722
    Although I've replaced the GPP with patio making; using the pickaxe is a lot like the sledgehammer work, wheelbarrow pushing stands in for the sled and carrying bags of rocks does instead of the sandbag work. I also 'run the deck' using pushups, situps, air squats and pullups.

16. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

i really hope hes joking.

17. fixationdarknes

fixationdarknes Valued Member

Crimson, stretching inbetween sets isn't usually the best idea. It temporarily weakens your muscles.

18. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

Yes, I know, many of the things I do are not ranked in the records of man's brilliance, this definately being one of them.

Last week I found double timing the weight room more interesting, than say running. One, weight training is my stress relief, and last week had some serious stress. Two, I work in the oil drilling industry, this is not a field that participates in physical exertion as a form of recreation. I make do with what is available, sometimes not always in the best ways.

Thank you, I've heard/read that before, but this was a very depressing weight room. Couldn't see out the windows due to pine sap and polin. Mold was growing on the walls. The equipment was definately seeing the last days of its usefulness, ie. cracked frame on the chest press machine. I just closed my eyes and pushed. Stretching gave me away to measure my rest periods, without having to look at my surroundings.

19. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

*Prophet plays the violin*

Ahem,

Don't dis ratty ghetto gyms! At least you have one! :D

20. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

prophet, cmon now, ive told you before, theres a BIG difference between not having a gym and being too cheap to sign up for one ;) ;) :D :D