your CMA in everday life

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by beknar, Sep 17, 2007.

1. beknar

beknar Valued Member

I am wasting my time vacuuming one day instead of training because well, everyone knows why you vacuum instead of train or do something enjoyable. Anyway, I'm feeling disgruntled. I am not a maid to do someone else's bidding and getting on my knees scrubbing the floor. I hate that.

So I'm vacuuming and I'm getting tired of using my arms to push the vacuum around. So I drop my shoulder, drop my elbow and put it close to my body and I take a step. Well whaddya know? No effort from my arms at all.

So I take another step and it's .. surprise, step-hit timing power! And the vacuum cleaner goes forward. I drop to a sei-ping ma with the cleaner across me, shift to a dinji-ma, and bam! Stance transition power. The vacuum moves without any effort in my arms.

So now I'm wondering what else I can be doing. Maybe I should just stick to good structure and step-hit timing.

Anyone else just find that they're doing this every day? Maybe some of you drop into a horse stance while brushing your teeth. Or you're hitting eucalyptus trees doing Da Sam Sing to scare your co-workers.

Me, I'm using it to fight off the Imperial Chinese Army that keeps invading my mud hut. And to clean said mud hut.

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol :D PLEASE post a vid of that Beknar :D

I went to London last week and found myself trying to work on my balance on the tube and not hold on to anything,it seemed to work actually! :D

Not tried anything while doing the housework yet.I will try anything that makes cleaning the bathroom more fun! :p

3. SimonW

SimonW Valuated Membeloid

Well I found myself beating up a carpet last night while doing some decorating, it makes a suprisingly good target when rolled up :D

4. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

I can appreciate this.
    I have found myself brushing my teeth in various stances, and at work if I am looking in the filing cabinets, i often drop down into horse stance when no-one is looking.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

AND you often attack me when I am attempting to go about my daily business!

6. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Yes, I will admit to keeping my balance while the commuter train is moving. It's much better in the winter. :D

7. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

I do WC footwork while using a urinal. If only just to make a game of it, and to discourage people standing next to me lol.

8. NorthernMantis

NorthernMantis New Member

Only when I paint fences or wash cars. :eek:

9. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I cant really add anything here, not so much because i dont do CMA...rather i dont do any house work!

I did however go through a stage where whenever i caught a glimpse of my self in the mirror, i had to do a bruce lee 'way of the dragon' style backfist to observe my devastating speed and ferocious power.

10. beknar

beknar Valued Member

Exercising .. massive control .. to not make .. centerline and urination joke .. ARGH

11. beknar

beknar Valued Member

You should see the apes at the gym flexing in front of the mirror. The mirrors are _supposed_ to be there for you to check your form while you're lifting .. but most people just use them to check themselves out.

Terrible!!

12. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

LMAO, i don't know how i didn't see that to begin with! However i would think that peeing down your centreline into someone less' motherline would really be annoyed.

13. SirVill

SirVill Valued Member

I try to balance on the bus, haha... I guess that counts. A good stance helps I've found!

14. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

The mental image of that is a man squeezing his buttcheeks together hoping not to get brutally sodomized by random lava chucking ninjas off the streetz...

But in response to the topic at hand.. I usually find myself holding a kneeling stance from tang lang while I work.. (auto body tech... sometimes being tall is not a blessing)

15. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

My senior classmate told me he does his Ma Bu while he's working on his patients. He's an Oral Surgeon.
    Me? When I can get away with it I'm always trying to fine tune my structure. That or banging arms on random objects.

You still doing that polework in the museum Su?

16. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

When i started training i started by mopping....
    horse, pivot, mop... repeat repeat repeat...lol grueling...

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Not just recently Bandit :D I intend to take it up again soon though! I have a great place to train at lunchtimes in our Great Hall,it's huge with a stone floor.

18. path_one

path_one steps taken

Confession time, at work I take frequent toilet breaks but they take longer than other peoples because, I drop to horse stance while washing my hands and drying them, I stretch and observe my fighting stance in the mirror etc. I always take the stairs and do a nice stop and roll (FMA anyone?) when opening doors, I take the bus and also stand the whole way, without holding on

M colleagues probably think I have diarrhoea or bowel trouble, I just cant stand sitting at a desk all day! :p:D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  19. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm now sat at my desk practising bits of my new form :D Luckily noone can see in to my office as I work in the middle of a park. :p

20. path_one

path_one steps taken

Lucky you! our office is open plan, no park either :(