Your argument is, and forever will be, invalid

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by ronki23, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

"The King of Muay Thai" Ernesto Hoost defeats Rick Roufus despite having low kicks banned.

Raymond Daniels loses to Muay Thai and Dutch Kickboxing despite elbows and clinch being banned. Thai/Dutch still won

Pele Reid tried to use Lau Gar in a full contact environment and lost

Fighting is not all fun and games, if what you learn can not be applied then it is not worth learning. This particularly applies to point fighting;

Look at Dave Thomas and Chris Higgins- Lau Gar pointfighting extraordinaires, in the ring (both wearing headguards). Watch the bottom 2 videos to make your own judgements. @Mitch @Latikos @Hannibal

PCL 2011 - Wojtek Rudnik - Light Heavy Weight

2. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

Pointfighting has bad habits; watch the bottom 2 videos. If I didn't do pointfighting I could've won a few regional titles in above-waist or K-1

3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

How many people do you know who win regional titles without going to a club?

Dead_pool likes this.
  4. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

It's all fighting ...just different rule sets ..

Go and train enjoy your martial arts journey and HAPPY 2019

axelb, Dan93 and bassai like this.
  5. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

I don't have anywhere to train anymore because i've lost too much and I refuse to train with people I want to rematch. I trained at 9 clubs in 12 years in: kickboxing, Japanese ju jitsu, judo, wrestling, no gi and MMA

6. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

Except the argument is that different rule sets will have a different outcome when i've proven that Ernesto Hoost defeats Rick Roufus without low kick, Ray Sefo defeats Pele Reid without elbows, Joseph Valtellini defeats Raymond Daniels without elbows,etc.

7. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

Mr Ronki23, seems you at a point of understanding, if you fight to a certain style or a certain rule book there are always rules, boundaries and limitations, be careful, the only thing after this is a world of unlicensed fighting, and trust me you are a fool if you go there, there are very few winners, usually the book makers, as Mr alansmurf says train and enjoy.

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

.... Because you choose not to train, so everyone else who is training, will easily beat you.

Thats the reality, and then you waste time online bringing up obscure martial arts to make yourself feel better for not training.

axelb likes this.
  9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Muay Thai fighter Ramon Dekkers lost to Muay Thai fighter Coban.
    Just goes to show that Muay Thai is rubbish when used in Muay Thai.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Just think how much better a martial artist you'd be if you spent as much time training as you do slagging off point fighting and making ridiculous posts on map?
    The thing is...you're preaching to the choir.
    We all already know that training for some rulesets creates more versatile fighters than other rulesets.
    And that training for one environment means you will have to make adaptations to perform in other environments.
    Even more so when going from a restrictive environment into a more permissive one.

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

And if I was fitter, more explosive, stronger, with better striking and grappling I could've been a UFC champion!!

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If we 'ad 'ave 'ad some 'am, we could ' ave 'ad 'am an' eggs, if we 'ad 'ave 'ad some eggs.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  13. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

What were you doing in Ludgershall if you're based in the other side of England?

14. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

They say denial is just a river in Egypt

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What in the world is that about?
    Have we conversed about ludgershall before?
    Are you stalking me or something?
    Quite honestly I ask myself what anyone is doing in ludgershall. :)

16. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Man.... Just go and train.

axelb, Smaug97, Dan93 and 1 other person like this.
  17. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

And you appear to be waist deep ......

Dan93 and Smitfire like this.
  18. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Dan93 and Dead_pool like this.
  19. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

I have no argument..
    Just pointing out keyboardjujtsu will not beat training ..

BOOM .

OUT.

axelb, aaradia, Dan93 and 3 others like this.
  20. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

Except Raymond Daniels is better than Michael Page and he loses to DECENT opponents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.