Young Master Questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BlindClown, Aug 15, 2007.

1. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

I watched " The young Master " last night have a few questions :p

What style of kung fu is it that Jackie Chan Uses through out the film ( what style is beign taught at his school )

What Style of MA is the MAin bad guy at the end Fight using ?

Also What style of MA was the Police Officers wife(or perhaps daughter cant remeber) using ( the fight in which she used her dress to hide her movments and strikes)

Also what is the crack with him drinking pipe water and becoming Invincible for a while ??

Whats in that pipe , baccy or is it a opium pipe or a cannabis pipe ...

There is usualy a moral to the end fight in MA films especially old ones this didnt seem to have one , all i could work out was tht he was trying to say drink pipe water and you will win.

Overall An excellent film with great choreogrpahed Fight scenes in it . I Would recommend this to anyone who hasnt yet seen it.

:love:

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

The villain, called Master Kam in the translation I've got, played by Wang In-Sik, is a hapkido fighter.

I think the pipe is meant to contain opium - but that's just an assumption.

Yep, great film though! Good to see Yuen Biao doing his stuff with the bench too.

3. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

Yea then bench work was very impressive , whats the deal with taht i have seen it in many videos/films was this an actuall trainign aid in MA schools or is it just something that they did for fun and also a bit of practice at same time back in the old days ??

Yea i persumed it was opium too but still drinking dirty already smokeed opium water isnt going to make u invcible , make u ill but thats about it :p where is the moral behind it ...

4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I think the idea is that he's so heavily under analgesia from the opium that he doesn't feel all the injuries he's sustaining. That's why he's bandaged from head to toe at the end.

The moral: don't mess with Jackie Chan - he'll beat your ass even when smacked up to the eyeballs!

5. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Yes, the horsebench is an actual real life weapon and is used in many styles including CLF.

As for "The Young Master" it is simply one of the best traditional MA flicks ever, ranking right up there with "Drunken Master".

6. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

hahaha agreed